How will I know I 'have my Swing' ?

ianshearin

Club Champion
Visit site
I have seen several references to 'your swing' on theses forums which suggests that eventually a golfer settles on a swing that lasts for life....

I have been playing for over a Year now and to be honest I am still fiddling with my swing, everytime I read a snippet of information that relates to an issue I have I try it out, sometimes my head is so full of ideas that I forget the basics :eek:
I am hoping that eventually I will be a lot more settled and be able to focus more on the finer points of the game, but will I ever recognise that time?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have seen several references to 'your swing' on theses forums which suggests that eventually a golfer settles on a swing that lasts for life....

Do they? I hope not.

Maybe if it's half decent, I could understand...but otherwise, for me....no.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Good question Ian.
I think it depends on the individual.
If you are the type who just play for a bit of fun and exercise then you will be happy just getting it round the course without embarrassing yorself..

Others want to improve but don't like practicing so will try and get better using technology and spending lots of money on the best equipment.
Lastly you have the people who will never be happy with their game. Content maybe but always tinkering, trying different cures for faults they may not have and practicing somethings that may be detrimental to their game.

I'm sure you have seen some of the members at MM who have never and will never break 90, but they're happy.
Jan on the other hand will practice to get better for the next 30 years.

I think if you have a swing that lets you hit the ball roughly where you want to hit it and have a fairly good short game, you should enjoy your golf.
After all, why else do we play it?

goldenbare

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm sure we've all thought that's it, that's the answer, trying something that clicks in to place on the range :D

That is MY SWING forever :D

We go to the course at the weekend full of optimism knowing we are going to take the course apart :D

We walk off the 18th :(

where was that swing? :D ;)

A

Alex1975

hehe good post. I did not know I had "my swing" till I lost it. I played great all summer and at the end started to add and add to my swing till I was totaly lost. Its taken a month to find "my swing" again, the one the pro spent months teaching me. I now feel comfortable cos Im back to that swing and Im not going to play with it till next summer. We need some time together to play and enjoy.