How to judge a driver ?

juanw

Hacker
Banned
Visit site
As a beginner,i have no idea that how to judge a driver . My first opinion is that the higher price,the better.Is that so ? Or anyother way ? Thanks in advance and please don'tlaugh at a beginner like me .

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The higher price does not always make it a better club. Case in point is the Ben Sayers "Benny"..a driver that can be purchased for under £100.00 new and can hold it's own with other makes costing twice as much.
MD are another make that are relatively cheap compared to the bigger names, but are very respectable clubs and come highly recommended. Drivers and putters in particular are the two clubs in your bag that you need to be 100% happy with. If you don't feel "at one" with either of them, doubts will quickly enter your head about their suitability and you will then spend fortunes in search of the holy grail. For me, it's how those two clubs feel for you...and the name on them doesn't even enter into it.

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Go out and try it, its the only way.

One mans miracle stick is another mans nightmare!

Sneds

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The higher price does not always make it a better club. Case in point is the Ben Sayers "Benny"..a driver that can be purchased for under £100.00 new and can hold it's own with other makes costing twice as much.
MD are another make that are relatively cheap compared to the bigger names, but are very respectable clubs and come highly recommended. Drivers and putters in particular are the two clubs in your bag that you need to be 100% happy with. If you don't feel "at one" with either of them, doubts will quickly enter your head about their suitability and you will then spend fortunes in search of the holy grail. For me, it's how those two clubs feel for you...and the name on them doesn't even enter into it.

Benny was £70 brand new for me.