How many holes on your course have tight out of bounds?

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My course has tight out of bounds on the right side of every single par 4 and par 5.

To the point of you can't hit a shot 10 yards to the right of the tee box or your ball is dead on almost all of them.

Now when I watch something like a vlog on youtube, or even some pga events. If they have tight OOB on the left or right, they often take a 3 wood/hybrid/driving iron.

My home course has made me improve my tee shots a lot. When I first joined I had a slice come out quite often, which caused 2 or 3 lost balls a round.

What are your course like? Do you still pull out driver on the holes that have OOB on your trouble side?

Hosel Fade

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Really tight? 0

Think there is only one hole I have been OoB on and that is 20 yards from the left edge of the fairway.

There is plenty of unplayable forest though which is basically the same thing

graham64

Medal Winner
Visit site
We have 5 left and 3 right. I think it's helped me a lot as I've had to work hard on my driving . Not put any OOB for a while now but do tend to drive to the other side of the fairway. OOB galore this weekend now I expect

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Links course with the nth sea VERY adjacent to the fairway on pretty much every hole on the back 9 and in play on a few on the front as well for good measure......a truly gigantic,menacing yet magnificent OOB a constant threat every time....

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Links course with the nth sea VERY adjacent to the fairway on pretty much every hole on the back 9 and in play on a few on the front as well for good measure......a truly gigantic,menacing yet magnificent OOB a constant threat every time....

We have the North Sea that is in play on about 8 holes. It is a lateral water hazard though.

Tight OB (A wall) on 5 holes.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
4 where the oob really comes into play a lot, 3 more where a hefty slice off the tee will get you there. Always on the right side of the fairway. Slicers really really suffer on our course, while a hook might get you into some serious tree trouble, but usually stays in play (now that I think of it, there is one hole where you could hook it out of bounds left ... just does not come into play for me much, because my typical miss is to the right).

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
None. We have no oob at all. Well, a smidge to the back of the 18th green, where there is a very rare weed that cannot be trampled. We do have woods though. Lots of them. Go in there, and you are lucky to find it.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our back 9 is a loop around the outside of the front 9 and oob on the right of every hole (although not really in play on the 2 par 3's). Pretty sure I've been OOB on all of the other holes at one time or another though :rofl:

Front 9 has none, albeit is probably tighter off the tee due to the thick rough, gorse, trees and volume of fairway pot bunkers. You don't need to be far offline on the front 9 and you're lucky to find your ball, even with the OOB the back 9 is a little more forgiving, in the main, off the tee.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Our second has tight OOB right, third has a carry over an environmental area (not OOB but a problem anyway) six is tight right, and sixteen is very tight (about ten yards) left all the way down to around the 200 yard mark

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
One. Par 5 with OOB all down left from tee to green. Any drive on a line even slightly left will go OOB.

Lots of other holes with dense woods/saplings/brambles at one or both sides. I don't understand why these are not also OOB as if you hit in these areas you would struggle to find it. Even if you did you would prob have no playable shot or drop options but people still hold the game up looking in these areas which I think is a bit pointless.