How long should you wait?

D

deanobillquay

I put in 3 cards nearly 2 weeks ago in order to get my first handicap

How long should I reasonably expect to wait to receive it?

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
depends - how long is a piece of string?

who deals with this at your club, and are they an individual 'volunteer' or part of the commercial operation?

if you want to 'get on with it' then just drop who ever deals a note explaining why you need it tomorrow.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reasonable.....about a week (not two). Then again, your h'cap secretary might be on holiday or something.

No excuse really, clubs are required to have handicap committees with a minimum of 3 members so it could, and should , be delegated to one of the other committee members. He shouldn't have to wait for someone to return from holiday.

D

deanobillquay

Ive asked 3 times, its the club pro who deals with them.

Playing today so hopefully will get it...

D

deanobillquay

Still being fobbed off and still no handicap certificate.

For fees of 770 a year I'd expect better service than this...

D

deanobillquay

Is it honestly £770 per year at Sharpley GC............??

Yep, 550 a year for a 5 day, 770 a year for a 7 day.

Its never closed, has probably the best greens in the area and the layout is fantastic.

Well worth it in my opinion BUT the customer service is feckin appalling!!

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree, it has good drainage, so stays open, and has good greens, but because of this everybody flocks to it for a Green fee when other courses are shut, so is highly played
The course is still New so will mature and improve
But Im shocked its priced so highly at £770 per year, compared to others in area
Its only £900 at Ramside Hall, a few miles down the road, and thats in a different league to most in durham area

Good Luck sorting your handicap, u hav waited long enough already, so get back onto them

D

deanobillquay

I agree, it has good drainage, so stays open, and has good greens, but because of this everybody flocks to it for a Green fee when other courses are shut, so is highly played
The course is still New so will mature and improve
But Im shocked its priced so highly at £770 per year, compared to others in area
Its only £900 at Ramside Hall, a few miles down the road, and thats in a different league to most in durham area

Good Luck sorting your handicap, u hav waited long enough already, so get back onto them

I've played most of the courses around my area including Ramside Hall. I was a member at South Shields 3 years ago but got sick of the course, began to find it boring.

I've played Sharpley for a couple years and found that its the only course where I could easily play 7 days a week and not get sick because I like the course that much.

It is expensive buy i'm willing to pay that much for a course I enjoy.

Had an email from course director to say I will be recieving my handicap cert very soon...

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Thats way too long to wait. I did the last card for a girl last Tuesday and gave her a hcap cert the same evening! its not rocket science! ;)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
That is out of order. Never worked as a handicap secretary before, but surely all he has to do is stick it into his computer and it will churn out your handicap. takes a few minutes at most I would have thought. But like I said I have never had anything to do with maintaining handicaps so may take a bit of messing around to get the correct handicap shurned out.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That is out of order. Never worked as a handicap secretary before, but surely all he has to do is stick it into his computer and it will churn out your handicap. takes a few minutes at most I would have thought. But like I said I have never had anything to do with maintaining handicaps so may take a bit of messing around to get the correct handicap shurned out.
you log on, put the 3 scores in, and press print - takes about 3 mins tops ;)

D

deanobillquay

Finally been issued with a 27 handicap.

To be honest, I think there must be some issues with the guy that does them because it took the intervention of the course director to finally get it done.

Onwards and upwards, now to get it under 20!