How long have you waited ...?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
... to try out your new clubs?

I had a custom fitting on 20th June for a whole new bag of shineys - and took delivery of the same on 16th July. And then promptly went on holiday with Mrs B.

They have been under the stairs, unused, for over a week now, and all l can do is sit & gaze at beautiful alpine scenery with a glass of red in my hand. Is it wrong to think uncharitable thoughts about Mrs B's timing ?

Ps - and I'm not home for another week yet - ie two whole weeks before i get to play with them ...

Last edited:

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
On the flip side... Many years ago I got fitted for a set of Titleist ZB irons in the morning, did a Titleist factory tour in the afternoon, picked up my freshly built clubs at the end of the tour at about 3.30pm, drove back home and was on the course playing with them by 5pm.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
On the flip side... Many years ago I got fitted for a set of Titleist ZB irons in the morning, did a Titleist factory tour in the afternoon, picked up my freshly built clubs at the end of the tour at about 3.30pm, drove back home and was on the course playing with them by 5pm.

Lucky g1t :)

Its the fact that l have them in my possesion but won't use them for a fortnight that is so galling ...

(l expected the wait between fitting & delivery).

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
... to try out your new clubs?

I had a custom fitting on 20th June for a whole new bag of shineys - and took delivery of the same on 16th July. And then promptly went on holiday with Mrs B.

They have been under the stairs, unused, for over a week now, and all l can do is sit & gaze at beautiful alpine scenery with a glass of red in my hand. Is it wrong to think uncharitable thoughts about Mrs B's timing ?

Ps - and I'm not home for another week yet - ie two whole weeks before i get to play with them ...

No worries - a bunch of us from the forum realised you were away and went round to test them out - they're fantastic. You will be able to get them back on ebay or a car boot near you next week :)

Enjoy the holiday and what you have waiting for you when you get back.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Never waited. As soon as they arrived I was off down the range or the course. I'm sure time the OP gets back the magic fairy dust they come with will have disappeared. Nothing for it but to flog them and get more new shinies

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I initially read this that your Mrs had gone off with your new clubs....which seemed somewhat strange.

Sure there will be happy ending

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Never waited. As soon as they arrived I was off down the range or the course. I'm sure time the OP gets back the magic fairy dust they come with will have disappeared. Nothing for it but to flog them and get more new shinies

No, it will still be there, but will be wiped off along with all the other dust and cobwebs settling on them....:swing:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Never read the instructions on a packet of quick set epoxy then!!

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks one & all. You cheered me up no end !!

If l have to retrieve them from a boot sale, do you think the cow bells & the rustic alpine butter churn that l picked up from the local "brocante" will be a fair swap?

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, 2 weeks & 2 days after l took possesion of the things l finally got to have a go with them !! And all i can say is wow!

A quick go at a range then out to the course. At the range i took a couple of new clubs and the matching old and hit about 15 balls with each. Only a small sample i know but seems to be that the new carry about 10yds further. But the startling thing was the trajectory - the new bats consistently send the ball about 10 yards (with 7 iron) to the right of the old. I frequently used to miss left and always assumed that i was poor at alignment (so always aimed further right than i thought i should). But the same stance, same alignment with old & new shows that the new clubs constantly send the ball where l think I'm aiming, and the old ones don't. To me that's an impressive result from the fitting.

Out on the course, they played lovely. I need to get used to the new disances but they felt really comfortable in the swing and i think my ball striking was pretty good - and definitely more accurate. A few bum strokes - but that's me anyway - but in the end played 1 better than handicap. A fairly neat result l think for a first time out with new clubs. Roll on the weekend when i can have another go !