How long do you stop after playing a round?

• Thread starter Deleted member 31582
  • Start date

How long in the club after your round?

• Don’t stop!

• 15-30mins

• 31-60mins

• 60-90mins

• 91mins plus

Results are only viewable after voting.
D

Deleted member 31582

In a flip of what time do you turn up pre-round, and after reading so many replies noting how many rarely venture into the club, I wondered how many and how long you stay after your round?

Do you eat?

Watch the sport on TV?

Play snooker?

Just socialize as long as possible (until you receive a phone call demanding you come home!)

D

Deleted member 15344

All depends on the day and what else is happening

At the weekend Normally stay for something to eat and a drink with playing partners etc

During the week if I play on the Friday I’ll have to leave sharpish to pick up the daughter

Dannyc

Visit site
In winter I’m only there for winter league on a Saturday I’ll have breakfast first then a good few pints after fully deserved after a tough week at work
In summer I’ll be up there weeknights aswell when the sun is shining i don’t play 18 holes I just mess about chipping etc then I’ll have couple pints The golf club is my social club aswell

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Normally I will hang around, having some banter and a beer, for between 1 and 2 hours. Especially if we've been playing skins and are waiting for other groups to come in so we can do the cards and figure out who has won what. If there are 6 or 7 groups then it can be over an hour between when the first and last groups come in. The pre and post golf chat is as important as the golf itself these days.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Usually about 20-30 minutes. Long enough for a chat over a coffee and a bar of chocolate if it's cold or a pint of lemonade and a bag of crisps if it's warm. My club is a 15 minutes drive away so drinking beer after a round isn't an option.

I don't tend to eat proper food after a round, I'll get that at home.

No sport on the TV at my place so nothing to keep you there other than a post round chat, which of course is very important.

My current club hasn't got its post round set up right imo, it doesn't tempt you to stay longer than above.

Springveldt

Visit site
Usually stop for some food and a pint, so around 30-60 minutes. Often get sent a text with a food shopping list to go to Aldi’s on the way home. ?

RichA

Visit site
Even in winter, folks at ours generally hang around outside the clubhouse at the picnic tables or on the veranda.
If it's warm, long enough to enjoy a relaxed beer and have a natter.
If it's cold, just long enough to throw down a hot chocolate.

D

Deleted member 21445

Always try and support the caterer if I can and have time for a bite to eat and a swift pint..

D

Deleted member 23344

Varies greatly, depending upon a range of variables. Whether it‘s a social round or a inter-club match, who I’m playing with, whether I need to do something else after the round … no set answer.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I'll generally stop for a post round pint on a summers evening but on a Saturday I generally need to get back for whatever family plans we have in the afternoon.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
1 Pint before and another with a meal is the norm.
Time enough to discuss the round and solve the world's problems!:rolleyes::LOL:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hardly at all. My PP's are being very careful about Covid as I am now too, given I have surgery coming up that I really don't want to have postponed for Covid

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
However long it takes to drink two pints. (Have voted 30-60 as that is the nearest approximation I think.) Can't really stay for any more as we'll all be driving.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Couple of hours usually. Comp days are longest
I rarely get to play on a work day so there's not normally 'other things' that need to be done after golf and means no time pressure to be somewhere else

Food, drinks and post round banter on the lawn outside. Nice cigar, or a pipe if its not too windy. Usually sort out PPs for next social game

Always a little gutted to leave unless I'm heading straight down to the beach club

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Depends who I'm playing with. If its the swindle, then I stop for a coffee and a sandwich and a blether. If its my other regular PPS, they generally shoot straight off, so I do the same.