How do you wear your waterproof trousers?

Waterproofs instead of or over?

• Waterproofs over the top of normal golf trousers

Votes: 40 58.0%
  • Waterproofs instead of normal golf trousers

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters

mefromhere

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just wondering what you guys do on here and why?

Waterproofs instead of trousers or waterproofs over trousers?

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
This winter I've worn a pair of Under Armour leggings and my waterproof trousers over them. Worked very well, nice and warm without being bulky

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Long Johns if its really cold with my waterproofs over or sometimes just waterproof bottoms, not commando obviously :smirk:

I found when I tried to wear waterproof bottoms over my trousers it was too many restrictive layers and felt uncomfortable.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
How long have you got...?

In summer/spring/ autumn if some rain is forecast: normal trousers and waterproofs over-trousers go on over these if it starts to rain. If it's a sunny warm day with showers, the waterproofs may get removed if I get too warm once the rain stops.

In summer if there's lots of rain forecast: a different pair of waterproof trousers, designed to be worn instead of ordinary trousers. REally comfrotable on their own- don't get too hot or sticky. Waterproof over-trousers on their own are uncomfortable and make an unspeakably rude noise when i bend down to mark ball on the green!

In winter: ordinary trousers with waterproofs over them for warmth.
On cold winter days: fleecy leggings with waterproofs over them.

I've also got non waterproof warm winter trousers, but that's a whole new thread...

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I do have a pair but, to be honest, I never wear them.
Too restrictive for my liking, I just wear my normal troops and if I get wet I get wet....

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I do have a pair but, to be honest, I never wear them.
Too restrictive for my liking, I just wear my normal troops and if I get wet I get wet....

im the same. I very rarely wear my wet trousers. ill only put on a rain jacket if the rain is bad. a brolly is fine and a little soaking when im hitting my shot/

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It depends how cold it is and if its likely to be raining all the way round. If its warmish and going to be raining all day I might wear them over a pair of thermal leggings. If its likely to stop on the way round over the trousers so I don't scare anyone if I want to take them off

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I wear them on there own, but I have some clima storm ones that are multilayered so it's not like they're "over trouser" type ones although they can be worn like that but it's very bulky and uncomfortable that way

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As I wear shorts in the Summer (legs dry really quickly if it does rain) I only tend to wear mine in the winter so I use salopettes without trousers underneath!