How do you disqualify yourself?

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Reading the other post about being disqualified reminded me of the time that someone said to me I should be disqualified but as I didn't know how to I just entered my scores as usual. What happened was I had a senior moment one week and forgot to sign my card so the following week I signed it before we started, I know I shouldn't but I did and all went well until the miserable sod I was playing with who had said virtually nothing the whole game said here's your card but you should be d/q for signing too early. I put my scores in the computer as normal but what should I have done? By the way it was only a seniors roll up qualifier and I think I came about 10th.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We had a thread on this some time back and there's nothing in the rules that states when you have to sign your card.
To me it seems wrong to sign it before you go out but the rules just say sign the card so you shouldn't be dq'd

woody69

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nothing in the rules that say you must sign the card AFTER completion of the round. 6-6b just states it SHOULD be, so your FC was wrong

G

guest100718

Actually it's OK to sign your card before you play. Not a dq

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
The only requirement is that your card is signed when it is returned. When you sign it is up to you. No need to DQ yourself in this instance... the miserable sod was wrong.

If there was a valid reason then you enter card as normal and inform the committee of the reason for the DQ and they will record on system.

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
There was a thread on here about signing beforehand, I do it all the time ..... can't remember the outcome of the thread.

My opinion was that I wouldn't hand in the card until the card was correct (ie. All scores were correct) so why would it make any difference.

Anyway if I wished to DQ myself I would write DQ across the card and place in the box. I wouldn't put the scores into the computer, but I would tell someone of authority what I had done.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
There was a thread on here about signing beforehand, I do it all the time ..... can't remember the outcome of the thread.

My opinion was that I wouldn't hand in the card until the card was correct (ie. All scores were correct) so why would it make any difference.

Anyway if I wished to DQ myself I would write DQ across the card and place in the box. I wouldn't put the scores into the computer, but I would tell someone of authority what I had done.

You should enter your scores as it's perfectly possible to be DQ'd and have your handicap chopped. You would need to let the committee know the reason for DQ as there are some DQ reasons which mean that the scores are not acceptable and some which are.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
... the miserable sod I was playing with who had said virtually nothing the whole game said here's your card but you should be d/q for signing too early.
Ignoring the fact that he was wrong, if he really thought you should be DQ'd for signing the card early, why didn't he say so when you handed him your card before starting the round so you had a chance to correct the "mistake"? Such sportsmanship!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you do it frequently you could then be charged with building a handicap and possibly lose it.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
Ignoring the fact that he was wrong, if he really thought you should be DQ'd for signing the card early, why didn't he say so when you handed him your card before starting the round so you had a chance to correct the "mistake"? Such sportsmanship!

Exactly, that is just what I thought but that's the sort of person he is.
Thanks for the replies, might just carry on signing my card when I write it out then.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Exactly, that is just what I thought but that's the sort of person he is.
Thanks for the replies, might just carry on signing my card when I write it out then.

As long as you remember that it's not the physical act of signing that is important. It is meant to be a confirmation that you have checked that the gross scores have been correctly recorded. If you sign before you start the round it still signifies that the gross scores have been checked when you submit the card.