How can i get less 'handsy'

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
I've been having a few lessons, and they seem to be going really well. The only thing that has began to develop is me using my hands what I feel way too much.

I used to come ay over the top, and cast the club, now after lessons and loads of balls I've lost my slice, and developed a hook through whipping my hands at impact. This is because I'm trying to delay the release as my pro recommended. In my lessons all went great but on the range today it was great of the deck with my 3W, then as soon as I teed it up stated the hooks. They are not strong draws either they are hooking upto 60yards.

Anyone any tips to keep my hand a little quieter through my swing

Andr3w

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Perhaps because the ball is on the ground you instinctively know you need to come in steeper whereas with on the tee you might have a more shallow approach and then the fast hands are coming in to save the shot and you're hooking it. I've battled this for ages. I believe, in my case anyway, the fast hands are a symptom of other bad things prior in the swing (coming from the inside mainly) rather than an isolated fault in of itself.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Try to feel that you follow through and the club comes through the ball out towards the target line, this was my fault recently i was hooking off the tee ( where i never did ) and after keeping that simple thought and swinging through the ball the fault went

At one point i thought it was my grip, but it was the above

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Try to feel that you follow through and the club comes through the ball out towards the target line, this was my fault recently i was hooking off the tee ( where i never did ) and after keeping that simple thought and swinging through the ball the fault went

At one point i thought it was my grip, but it was the above
Tried this today, and it seemed to be much better, also noticed it happens more when I try to speed up my swing. Something went right I shot 88 Gross.