Hooking the ball late in the round

Ian_S

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just finished my second round in two days and found that as I got through the holes, I was hooking the ball more and more.

Having a read about it, this could be because I wasn't turning my body enough, which is entirely possible as my golfing stamina isn't quite up there yet and I could well have been lazy with my swing as my body got tired.

Does that sound a fairly plausible?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not an expert, but as ever, I have an opinion.

Most players get a bit ragged towards the end of the round - even if you feel physically fresh enough, the bad swings will creep in, especially if you have been working on something.

I know I start the round with my best swing (usually), and finish with most of my bad habits returning. That's why I've been know to play two afternoons in a row but go to the range in the morning in between.

Everyone's different, but my suspicion is that more players go downhill than uphill over 2 rounds.

Someone posted on here about Borth and Ynyslas being a hard course. I played 36 here once and off 9, playing well, I couldn't even hit the ball on the last few holes. Tiredness? No, not then..... these days? probably. :)