Hitting the ball very high

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
I seem to be hitting the ball very high with every club bar the putter. Im hitting the ball on good lines where i want it go but it goes very high and im about ten yards shorter per iron that when before i had lessons and sorted all my fundamentals out a while back. Has anybody got any opinions on what could be causing this?

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I seem to be hitting the ball very high with every club bar the putter. Im hitting the ball on good lines where i want it go but it goes very high and im about ten yards shorter per iron that when before i had lessons and sorted all my fundamentals out a while back. Has anybody got any opinions on what could be causing this?

Could be a variety of things.

However, I'm hitting the ball very high a.t.m. because I'm deliberately staying behind it and now my scoop has returned.

What was your lesson on?

Birchy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Could be a variety of things.

However, I'm hitting the ball very high a.t.m. because I'm deliberately staying behind it and now my scoop has returned.

What was your lesson on?

I had about 4 or 5 earlier in the year just to learn all the fundamentals and get a controlled swing as i was quite new to golf and my swing was wild and erratic! :)

Ive no idea what flipping it means but looking on the internet it sounds like it could be what im doing. I think the club face is getting to the ball before my hands have got through which is possibly what is adding loft?

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I used to hit the ball high with my driver, 3 word and longer irons. This was caused by a weak grip to my right hand, I am right handed. Now this has been strengthend the club is more in the fingers I now have a much more lower penetrating shot.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
the G range go extremely high. I have a set of G10's and they were so high it was unbelieveable! Switched to my titleists and have lost about a club in distance but a lot lower flight.