Hitting on the toe

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Have been noticing that the Impact Mark of my irons and woods are on the toe. I'm not sure if this is correct but does this lead to shots to the right ? Because that happened a couple of times recently last round

Anyone have any drills/solutions to stop this ? (bob ;) )

-Alex

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
If I toe the ball it goes right and looses a lot of distance and I know ive toe'd it because I keep my clubs very clean and can see the point of impact mark on the face and (or) toe from most shots.

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
If I toe the ball it goes right and looses a lot of distance and I know ive toe'd it because I keep my clubs very clean and can see the point of impact mark on the face and (or) toe from most shots.

Yep, that's what's been happening to me recently.
Anyone got any drills to fix this ? :)

-Alex

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Stand closer ha ha

It happens to me probably twice a round and more often than not its normally on one of the par 3 tee shots, I get set up perfectly then at the last instance ill shuffle back a touch and smack "Ive toe'd it, why did I step back" LOL

Last edited:

AllyLodge

Head Pro
Visit site
Ha should have thought of that !
Had a problem of standing too close to it which is why it's a bit of a suprise.

Still, will stand a bit closer to the ball tomorrow. If I sh*nk it, it's on you ;)

-Alex

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you are stood too close, a natural reaction of your body on the down swing through the impact area can then be an involuntary action to move away from the ball. Hence, contact with the ball on the toe of your club.