Hitting it out off bounds from the tee box but the ball is playable..

AdamW

Visit site
If I hit a ball out of bounds from the tee box but it is playable can I still take another tee shot and just add one on for the penalty? Or do I need to bring the ball back into play from where it has gone out of bounds ?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
If a ball is out of bounds then its not playable and your option is to replay the shot with a penalty stroke added.
You can use a different ball or the same one if its available

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If I hit a ball out of bounds from the tee box but it is playable can I still take another tee shot and just add one on for the penalty? Or do I need to bring the ball back into play from where it has gone out of bounds ?

Or you can check the Local Rules (for non competition play only) to see if you are allowed to drop a ball on the fairway at a spot that is equidistant from the hole as to where you went out of bounds and you next shot would be your 4th.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Are you asking if you have to fetch the specific ball that went OB if it is easily reached, say a yard over a OB line, and replay that specific ball?

If so, no, it might even be a breach of undue delay to waste time traipsing up after it and back to the tee knowing it was OB.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you know its out of bounds, just play another shot with another ball and add the penalty. If it might be out of bounds, play another shot with another ball and call it a provisional. In both cases, you can collect (or check on) the original as you go past.