hitting ground first

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Some advice please:

I seem to be striking the ground first on all full shots, this is obviously causing a lot of issues and limiting my striking, it seems to happen as soon as I apply a lot of wrist hinge and my left arm goes further away than parralel to the ground... I think what is happening is that as I downswing I'm straightening too soon and that's what is causing the bottoming out.

Could someone please point me in the direction of some aids/exercises or advice that may help?

Much appreciated and merry Christmas.

Adam

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Weight shift is normally the problem. If you sway to the right in the backswing you MUST get back over the ball in the downswing, otherwise you are toast.

If you have long term problems with this you should try the Stack and Tilt system to keep your weight forward.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
If you have long term problems with this you should try the Stack and Tilt system to keep your weight forward.

HALLELUJAH_by_Lillyanna_zpsa3401793.jpg

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
It can happen if you are trying to lift the ball up in the air instead of hitting it forward and letting the loft do the work. Though weight shift would be a more likely reason.

A lesson with a pro would be a good start to get things fixed properly. Or if you want to save money then try post a video from behind and another face on. That will show us exactly what's wrong.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
There's a lot of reasons. Not knowing that your hands should be ahead of the ball at impact is often a prime candidate along with poor weightshift and getting the club shaft onto a too steep plane on your downswing.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all, thanks very much for the replies and advice.

I already get lessons but this is something thst has just developed since last lesson and I aint due one for a few weeks. I have a few half decent videos on phone that will upload soon however all side on and a bit quick.

I'm aware that hands should be ahead at impact and this is something I constantly work on but think I am struggling a tad with it.

Also I've read a few stack and tilt threads and watched a few videos already, don't believe any coaches in this area mind and I'm pretty happy with how things are at present.

Once agsin cheers guys and hope everyone has had a fantastic day :D

Phil2511

Global Moderator
www.britespark.org
You could try giving yourself a bit more space between you and the ball.
Your hands are in quite close to your belt buckle. Try to reach a bit more and get your hands under your chin.
That will give you more room to clear and hopefully help flatten your downswing a bit.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seems as though you suffer from a probelm i have with a steep downsing, maybe have a look at some of the tips people posted on my thread.

Or just do what i do and practiclly jump at impact to stop yourself from hitting it fat :)