Hitting everything fat.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
.... Ok not quite everything, but Sunday 90% of my irons were fat, even fairways and hybrids , infact it felt like a day where only the driver and flat stick were anywhere near warm.

I'm guessing there's a common fault which is clear to those in the know, Please feel free to educate me.:mmm:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Grip the club down to the metal :clap:

hope that helps :ears:

(will be at your range this Saturday from 8am to 8pm) :thup:

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Seriously, if you're fatting them then you're probably either stuck a little behind the ball or casting the club out (losing the wrist hinge) through impact. Try and hold the forward shaft lean a little by rotating your top half constantly through the shot (not stalling the upper body then flipping the club out). The grip leads the clubhead until the ball has gone.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably a small timing problem. nothing more. Winter golf swings are not as fluid as a warm summer day swing. It's probably nothing to worry about.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Looks like some range time tomorrow then..., weight transfer felt good and lag felt like what I've been working on, but I have to be honest and say it didn't feel like I was turning as full as I have in recent weeks.

I'm sure a couple of buckets will have it firing again. Things is I've been striking the ball well, and Thursday night I was hitting my 3 wood over the range fence@ 210 yards, then out of no where the golfing gods got me Again,

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's normally keeping the weight on the back foot while trying to help the ball in the air, or , stalling the body rotation.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I reckon the best thing that you can do to remedy hitting fats is to think less about hitting at the ball and more about swinging through the ball to a high finish. Focussing on hitting at the ball may be causing you to get too steep.

Its a old cliche but just let the ball get in the way of a swing and see if that helps.