Hilton Park Golf Club Glasgow

glasgowbeginner

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hey guys, Ive not been on this in a while. I done in my acl playing 5's so no golf for me over the winter!!

However I have 2 months left on my membership at Dougalston golf club at Milngavie and Im thinking about leaving.

Has anyone ever played Hilton Park? I hear they have 2 courses and they are both quite good. Members are quite friendly and pros are helpful.

I suppose all websites are going to say that though so if anybody has played there or has heard anything about it good or bad Id love to hear it!

Cheers in advance!

daverollo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not played either of the courses so can't comment really. However, Milngavie, next door is an excellent club, friendly and a variety of membership options and a well layed out course.

You should try and get a game at both before making your mind up.

Good luck

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Enjoy both Hilton Park courses, beautiful part of the country and great scenery. I'd consider them if I stayed North of the city. Midgie heaven in summer.

How is Douglaston these days, I enjoyed that but it tougher than old boots if your game is off.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not played either of the courses so can't comment really. However, Milngavie, next door is an excellent club, friendly and a variety of membership options and a well layed out course.

You should try and get a game at both before making your mind up.

Good luck

Agree, Milngavie is worth investigating too.

glasgowbeginner

Medal Winner
Visit site
Ill investigate Milngavie then

Hoping to have a few rounds at a few different clubs before I make up my mind.

When Dougalston is dry its great! But after one day of rain its sodden for the next 3 Ive found and dont really enjoy it that much when the sun is splitting the skys and Im walking around soaking for the knees down !

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very nostalgic club for me as my dad was a member and it's one of the places I learned to play (many moons ago). Two good courses - the Hilton the pick of the two but I mostly played the Allander as a wee yin and a beginner. One of those courses that you really feel out in the country when you're playing... I remember plenty of penal rough as well.

Haven't played there for years, I need to get back for a game sometime!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ill investigate Milngavie then

Hoping to have a few rounds at a few different clubs before I make up my mind.

When Dougalston is dry its great! But after one day of rain its sodden for the next 3 Ive found and dont really enjoy it that much when the sun is splitting the skys and Im walking around soaking for the knees down !

So drainage hasn't improved them! Great par 3's.

I would personally go to Hilton Park due to 36 holes. I enjoyed Milngavie to but think Hilton shades it for me. The Allander course is a good track, shorter but smaller greens.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
Was a member at Hilton for 4 1/2 years before I had to give up due to family commitments last year. Wasn't a member anywhere before so I've nothing to compare against.

I knew quite a lot of members before I joined. I think I would have found it difficult to get a 'friendly' game if I didn't. Once I got to know a few more people it became a good club but I had a few bad experiences initially when trying to find a game when on my own. There are no roll ups at the weekend so you'll need to work your way into one of the groups. There's just something about the place that seems not to work in that respect.

As for the courses very good in the summer, boggy in winter. Standard fayre in that part of the world. There's enough variety to keep you interested.

Hope that helps.