Highland Golf Boost

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
That's the planning application back in for the proposed second course at Castle Stuart. The original design by the legend that is Arnold Palmer was put on the back burner after his death in 2016. (Was it really that long ago??)

New bids/companies will be considered now but the planning is back in.

Coupled with the proposed Coul Links it's really enhancing the Highland Golf portfolio. Hugh economic growth potential.

D

Deleted member 3432

That's the planning application back in for the proposed second course at Castle Stuart. The original design by the legend that is Arnold Palmer was put on the back burner after his death in 2016. (Was it really that long ago??)

Coupled with the proposed Coul Links it's really enhancing the Highland Golf portfolio. Hugh economic growth potential.

Spend quite a bit of time in the highlands but never take my clubs. Maybe its time I did!

Hitdaball

Visit site
I was looking at some Irish links the other day and say large differences in what you would pay as an American and what you would pay as a GUI member. I think Ballybunion was something like 200/60.
I wish the good courses in Scotland would do something similar, if they did I would happier about more quality courses being built as I’d think I would play them at some point. Maybe I’m just a tight arse.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I was looking at some Irish links the other day and say large differences in what you would pay as an American and what you would pay as a GUI member. I think Ballybunion was something like 200/60.
I wish the good courses in Scotland would do something similar, if they did I would happier about more quality courses being built as I’d think I would play them at some point. Maybe I’m just a tight arse.
They did, but all phased out over the last few years. Weak pound makes it too cheap for overseas visitors not tocome. Which has pr used many UK golfers out.. Gui has the right idea imo

Hitdaball

Visit site
Agreed. Anyway , I have perfected my Waterford accent for when I “borrow” my friends brothers card 😬

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

i don't know how though, CS is still up for sale, they lose money and still havn't built and of the dormy/hotel complex which was part of the orig plan.