High amount of NRs, does it alter the css.

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Okay my GM friends. SITUATION. Royal Musselburgh Golf club.

In poor conditions.........11/4/2015 sat medal, 169 players, best scratch 72, best HC one player, net 62 the next best net 65, 54 no returns, yes 54 NRs.....css71

Prior to that, 8/4/2015 Wednesdays competition, good conditions, no wind, sunny.......164 players, best scratch 68, best HC net 65, 24 no returns......css71.

For those who are well up to speed with HDID and If you look for these two entries, I was wondering...........if all, or more, of these people completed and put in their poor scores of say 5,6,7 over their net score, would the css have been higher on the sat medal 11/4/2015

http://www.howdidido.com/ClubDetail...=1883&compid=748&compname=April+Tankard&dvs=1

http://www.howdidido.com/ClubDetail...id=1883&compid=749&compname=April+Medal&dvs=1

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
CSS is based on whether players are inside, or outside their buffer zone. So all the NR are probably going to be outside buffer (assuming medal rounds).

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
.... I was wondering...........if all, or more, of these people completed and put in their poor scores of say 5,6,7 over their net score, would the css have been higher on the sat medal 11/4/2015

it would make absolutely no difference at all to the calculation of the CSS unless people are NR'ing a card with a score that's within their buffer zone - (which is deliberate handicap manipulation but that's another thing)

your club is entitled to put any rules it likes around the payment of such things as 2's pots; just take it up with them.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
CSS is based on percentages of players in different categories scoring buffer or better, so as Duncan stated unless people were NR ing decent scores then it would have no effect.