Henrik Stenson set for an unusual record?

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
We all know that Henrik Stenson has had a great run in the second half of the season and been on leaderboards most weeks since the Scottish Open. But, his only wins have come in America where he deservedly won the FedEx Cup. If things stay as they are now and he doesn't win this week or the next 2, then he will also win the Race to Dubai, without winning a tournament. I haven't checked the record books but I'm pretty sure this won't have been done before. Would it be a slightly hollow victory?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
footy teams can win the league without winning a trophy....

I see what you are saying but I dont think he'll see it that way. A European win would have been the icing on the cake.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
footy teams can win the league without winning a trophy....

I see what you are saying but I dont think he'll see it that way. A European win would have been the icing on the cake.

I don't think you can compare it to football where the league is a trophy, perhaps the main one. To me it's more like a tennis player reaching the final of every event but not winning one, they would be No1 on the rankings with no titles.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
I dont think the F1 drivers or constructors would see winning the championships as hollow if they didnt win a race but placed well in them all .. maybe disappointed they couldn't turn good performances into a win but hollow ? nah .... a win is a win , afterall the competition is set up as a combination of overall results not wins ..

same goes for HS , Henrik not Homer that is :D

D

Deleted member 1147

I dont think the F1 drivers or constructors would see winning the championships as hollow if they didnt win a race but placed well in them all .. maybe disappointed they couldn't turn good performances into a win but hollow ? nah .... a win is a win , afterall the competition is set up as a combination of overall results not wins ..

same goes for HS , Henrik not Homer that is :D

He's basically done a Kiki Rosberg.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I won our order of merit one year without winning a single competition. Lost in two KO finals and loads of other 2nd and 3rd placing's which racked up lots of points. It just means that consistency is rewarded.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
There are still 3 tournaments left including this week so if he doesn't win he could be overtaken - or have I missed something?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Stensen has 2.1 million at the moment.
There's the thick end of 3 million going if someone can win this week, next week and the WTC finale...
Plenty to play for yet.