Hemstead Forest

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I have played there a few times.

A very, very good track.

The greens are like greased lightning, very, very fast.

Like the place for sure, make sure you take plenty of water if its hot as it is a fair old walk.

Enjoy the day out there, I certainly did.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It's an "OK" course, usually in very good condition and as Jon mentions above....the greens can be lightning fast.
I personally find it a little penal on the front nine as the fairways are quite tightly treelined and if there is plenty of run on the fairways even a well struck shot down the middle can find it's way into them. But the back 9 opens out a little bit and gives you the chance to open your shoulders.
One word of advice. Do not be left of the green or left of the pin on the 18th. Irrespective of where the flag is, aim to be right of it. The green has a wicked slope left to right and if you are putting or chipping from that side of the hole be prepared to play your next shot from the fringe on the right hand side. It is an almost impossible shot and I would love to see a pro try to cope with it!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
That 18th is easy!

Seriously though, the fairway is such a severe L2R that the LD in our society was won with a pitching wedge, everything else just ran off.

I had a shocking round there, 24 points infact, but on the 18th I holed out from 60ft or so with a putt from the far left that I literally just tickled.