Help me understand my Score Differential!

Mshcah

Visit site
I thought I understood how the Score Differential is calculated, but now I'm not so sure!. I have played several rounds on the same course, off the same tees, and each with the same PCC value. I expected identical Adjusted Gross Scores to produce identical Score Differentials. But not so according to the EG app. Not only do identical AGSs sometimes result in different SDs, but higher AGSs sometimes result in lower SDs. Please can someone explain what am missing?

peld

Visit site
odd. ive got identical adjusted scores showing as the same differentials. definitely no adjustments ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I thought I understood how the Score Differential is calculated, but now I'm not so sure!. I have played several rounds on the same course, off the same tees, and each with the same PCC value. I expected identical Adjusted Gross Scores to produce identical Score Differentials. But not so according to the EG app. Not only do identical AGSs sometimes result in different SDs, but higher AGSs sometimes result in lower SDs. Please can someone explain what am missing?
When you say 'course' do you actually mean 'tees'?

Mshcah

Visit site
I'm attaching a snip from a screen that shows just one minor example. All rounds played on the same course off yellow tees. In the most recent round the AGS is 93 and the SD i 25.0. In the last row the AGS is 95 and the SD is 24.9. All other details are the same.

Attachments

• Snip.JPG
    Snip.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 60

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm attaching a snip from a screen that shows just one minor example. All rounds played on the same course off yellow tees. In the most recent round the AGS is 93 and the SD i 25.0. In the last row the AGS is 95 and the SD is 24.9. All other details are the same.
Have you checked on the WHS portal?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

Have you had any high scores that have been adjusted to nett double bogey?

Mshcah

Visit site
you have different adjusted gross scores.
Read this.....
http://golf.okrasa.eu/handicap-en/whs-en/score-differential/

Thanks for replying. Yes, the AGSs are different, 93 and 95. But the higher AGS gives rise to a lower SD. Shouldn't it be the reverse? The reference you have cited doesnt seem to answer that question.
Have you checked on the WHS portal?

I have looked at CONGU WHS and other documents for an explanation but found nothing so far. I guess from all the comments that others have not experienced this apparent anomaly.

peld

Visit site
i think you need to speak to your hcp secretary - there must be adjustments.
If i calculate them using the formula (Adj Score - rating) x (113/slope) then i get the following.

dont trust that there isnt a PCC just because it says zero!

1632992277631.png

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
i think you need to speak to your hcp secretary - there must be adjustments.
If i calculate them using the formula (Adj Score - rating) x (113/slope) then i get the following.

dont trust that there isnt a PCC just because it says zero!

View attachment 38735

Have all 5 rounds been played recently? Any historic? - Just spitballing ideas here!

Mshcah

Visit site
Yes they are different by exactly 2. Could it be that there is an exceptional score adjustment which ran out on the last 93?

TBH I'm not sure how to check that. But by definition I dont have many exceptional scores and there are other instances of this anomaly occurring. For example, I have two rounds with an AGS of 97. One gets an SD of 26.9 and the other 28.9. Again, on the same course, off yellow tees, with PCC=0. There were no exceptional scores in the weeks before either round.

Mshcah

Visit site
Have all 5 rounds been played recently? Any historic? - Just spitballing ideas here!

Yes, all rounds in the snip played in the past one month.
The PCC value is what's on the EG database, so presumably that's been used in generation of the SD. But I will talk to the club rep!

YandaB

Visit site
For it to be a -2 reduction you would have shot a round that is 10 better than HI but that will last for 20 rounds so will have dropped off your latest 20.

wjemather

Visit site
Your adjusted gross of 82 would trigger an exceptional scoring reduction of 2, which has been applied to all the earlier differentials, hence the apparent discrepancy.