Hello from GM HQ

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi folks,

I'm fortunate enough to be in the golf monthly office at the moment ;) , and thought you may be interested in what is going on behind the scenes.

So far this morning, laughs were caused as the suitability of the phrase 'meat and two veg' was discussed in reference to the return of the European tour to a less glamorous, more run of the mill event this week. It was eventually decided that 'bread and butter' would be a more accurate description, possibly as a result of 'meat and two veg' being somewhat ambiguous!

Elsewhere the office has been inundated with arrivals of the top manufacturers latest bag offerings. Whilst some models have appeared innovative and stylish, other bags seem to be much the same as those they are replacing. There will be more on this I am sure in the bag's gear focus in next months magazine.

Oh and did I forget to mention the G and I 15 ranges from PING. I am sure by now you have seen the galleries on the GM home page and believe me from what I have seen in the flesh they are every bit as stylish as the images portray. A personal favourite is the i15 irons which to me look like the perfect clubs for the amateur desiring progressive offset / levels of forgiveness, whilst not sacrificing feel and workability in the longer clubs. I haven't been able to give them a go (as yet :p) but if they perform as well as they appear then PING could certainly be on a winner with this model.

I'm sure I will be checking the forum intermittently for the rest of the day whilst in the office, so if you have any questions on what happens behind the scenes or anything else GM related I will try and get the questions answered.

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
See if you can sneak out a cart bag for me ;)

Not being to fussy, but one with a 14 way divider would be nice............meet you in the car park at the Belfry. ;) :p

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was playing a twighlight game the other evening and a guy asked if I was from the Mountain Rescue team???

And another problem is that the wife can spot me as she is driving past the course even if I am away over at the first so I can no longer have a sneaky 9 as I am 'stuck in traffic' on the way home !!!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Its great there isn't it especially if you get to look in the vaulted and hallowed GM equipment cupboard. Did Jezz make you tea? Did you manage to see the lovely ladies on the 3rd floor working on Marie Claire and the like.

How come you are there and should I be worried!

funkyfred

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Homer, Eagle Hunter. Great building isn't it. Its used in the Aviva ads and many TV programmes including Spooks. As for the lovely ladies on the 3rd floor, I can assure you that that loveliness is not restricted to that particular floor.