hello all - vokey sm have i been done?

jackvamps

Visit site
hi all,

il start with a quick intro - 22 yrs old, live in aberdeen scotland. dont currently have a handicap but play to about 10 incosistantly. Ive really just got back into it after about 4 years off, and really loving it now :thup:

hopefully this place has alot of good info etc, look forward to reading it :)

so now for my question, i bought a spin milled (2010) model from ebay last week, came this weekend and i did google searches to see the fakes, everything looked reasonably real - until i got on the course, the ball spins like mad as you would expect with the real deal, but the shaft is very strange feels very poor. also there is something loose in the shaft.

so what you guys reckon, have i been ripped off? ebay item number: 150832437023

robbest3offthetee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
J V, Welcome to the forum mate, I would say if you have a issue with this get in touch with who sold it and start asking questions, If your not happy let them know, If they are genuine it can be sorted,If not youve learned a valuable lesson, all the best..

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Doesn't look fake.

There's often a weight pin in the shaft to set the Swing Weight to 'standard'. Could be that that has come loose. If it has, then club will feel strange alright.

You should contact the seller, who should 'put it right'.

jackvamps

Visit site
thanks for the replies,

robbest: unfortunately ebay isnt as simple as that in most cases fake sellers lie in order to make the buyer believe its real.

Foxholer: this is very interesting, thanks for this - im opening a paypal dispute now for "damaged" rather than fake as i also know how hard it can be to prove fake anyway. Also do you think it could be sorted just from a re-shafting? (if its real)

Let me explain a bit better my doubts to its authenticity: On the shaft it has just one sticker with BV on it and wedge written on the side. Theres no branding of shaft "true temper" etc. which suprises me - but as im no expert this could be standard on the 010 model? The other thing is the 52 . 08 on the back of the clubhead - when i compare this to nearly all other SM wedges i can find the writing is too big/bold it seems to me? Final thing is i read the fakes are usually shinier - i cant really tell if its shinier than a normal one but it does seem quite shiny to me

Last edited:

jackvamps

Visit site
J V, Take it along to a local golf shop/pro, they should be able to compare/tell you whether its genuine or not !!.

i was hoping someone on here might know :), i dont belong to a club right now just been playing the local council courses so would feel like a bit of a mug just going into the proshop there and asking lol

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Take it down to the kings links and see what they say,head looks genuine but the shaft does not.
You could always reshaft,gamola golf do loads and have a shop in Aberdeen now I think.

jackvamps

Visit site
Take it down to the kings links and see what they say,head looks genuine but the shaft does not.
You could always reshaft,gamola golf do loads and have a shop in Aberdeen now I think.

thanks pal you from aberdeen too? I will try get down there tonight to ask, Il also put some more pics of shaft etc tonight (yes shaft looked like the fakes from what i could tell)

Well! after opening a paypal dispute this morning, he didnt even bother replying just refunded the £65 i paid immediately now this makes me even more suspicious its fake! hes not even asked me to return it yet

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yup that stinks of "please don't report me". Get confirmation, report it and stop others who aren't up on what to expect getting ripped off.

Last edited:
A

Alex1975

I am pretty damn sure its fake. Sorry to say, they dont look right, it looks like they have offset on them almost, the shape of the edges of the back of the club look to sharp, not chamfered enough and the price is too good to be true.

I am not a betting man but I would put a £10 on them being fake.

Welcome to the forum, I would be talking to paypal right now to get my money back!

Al

jackvamps

Visit site
thanks chaps, alex yep got the money back already and i think il still take to local shop just to see what they say (and il buy the real deal when im there - really wasnt worth the risk to save 30quid in the end)

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I have the same wedge. The sticker on the shaft says BV, then below Vokey Design and below that Titleist. 2/3 the way down the shaft it says in black True Temper, dynamic gold,made in USA. It does look like a fake as the red is too red and bold.