Hayling Island

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Playing it tomorrow, how does it compare to other Links courses along the South coast? I have played all the links courses in Kent (I think?!) but looking forward to this as I've heard good things about it.
Anything of note to know, I'm assuming a course protected by the wind and weather like many links courses?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well it isn't Sandwich but I think it is a fun sporty old fashioned links well worth a play and if there is a bit of wind blowing you will have to hit the ball well to score.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It's a very good traditional links course. Usually into the wind for the majority of the first 13 holes then downwind on the way back. I've not played it for 2 weeks but the greens were excellent last time. If you go off line, the biggest problem is gorse. There are a few undulations in the greens but nothing silly.

Make sure you have a sausage bap before you go out, they are fantastic :thup:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
......... and just be careful driving your car in the close vicinity as one of their members is one of those Lycra clad looney cyclists!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Avoid the members, right dodgy lot.:whistle: Lovely course, with some of the best links greens I have played on.

Not this year (although i thought they were still great), so much so an EGM was called to get rid of the greenkeeper!

Great golf course, not in the same league as the courses in Devon/Cornwall or Lancashire, but still the best links course around by a substantial amount!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well just back after a long day in the car, broke up by a round of golf around a cracking track down at Hayling.
Really enjoyed the course and we had good weather with what I would describe as a 2 club wind, so calm for a links course! Course in excellent condition and very good greens imo. Also liked the fact that the rough was tough, but not impossible, so playable.
Nice clubhouse and a lovely bbq lunch to finish the day.
I did not even bump into any of the dodgy members.....

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Good track.
There was a nudist beach next to the strange par 4 that goes dogleg right down a steep slope when I played there in the 90s.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did you try the sausage baps?? :)

I'm afraid the M25 cost me the chance to try those. I arrived at 9.05 for a shotgun start at 9, after being in the car for 3 1/2 hrs. I dumped my car in your maintenance centre and sprinted across the 15 th and down the 7th to join my PP.
nothing like a decent warm up and that was nothing like a decent warm up.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Oh dear....you'll need to come back for one of the mini meets. You can't go to Hayling and not sample the sausage baps :D

Glad you enjoyed the course :thup:

ps Richart tells lies about the members :whistle: