Have you been pwned

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you provide me with your name, email, date of birth, wife's maiden name any child's birthday I'll be able to tell you what pwned means. ;)

But seriously...

Is there not a chance that your email and phone number will be passed on to scammers from that site?

The "haveIbeenpwned" website is a legitimate and good website. They don't take your details, they check if you've featured in any of the many well known data breaches that have occurred over time. If you get flagged as featuring in a data breach it doesn't mean you have been compromised but it does mean someone might be able to. Do what it says, change your passwords, everything will likely be fine.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just spent sometime changing passwords. But also dumping sites I have not been on for ages.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I recently added a password manager, which harvested all the passwords in my computer into one place, after which I deleted a fair few old ones and changed pretty much every other password left to a strong password. I used NordPass, but there are quite a few others available.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
No. That's where your email has been signed in

This is where sites have been hacked and your email and password etc was harvested
I only recently had to log into google and there was so,Ed message about my email having been compromised x times. Nothing about phone number, of course.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Dunno why but I get the feeling that since the data was lost/nicked nearly 2 years ago its that time period we should’ve been concerned about it, and maybe the reason it’s been ‘leaked’ online now is because its pretty worthless to the ne'er-do-well ‘s in its current state

So after all this time (maybe they’ve spent it setting up account monitoring) they’ll now sit back and watch to see all the people who scramble to change passwords etc to tell them which ones are still valid/active/valuable :eek:
:sneaky:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dunno why but I get the feeling that since the data was lost/nicked nearly 2 years ago its that time period we should’ve been concerned about it, and maybe the reason it’s been ‘leaked’ online now is because its pretty worthless to the ne'er-do-well ‘s in its current state

So after all this time (maybe they’ve spent it setting up account monitoring) they’ll now sit back and watch to see all the people who scramble to change passwords etc to tell them which ones are still valid/active/valuable :eek:
:sneaky:

A bit of a conspiracy theory, but so long as you change them to strong unique passwords they won't break, so what?

sunshine

Visit site
Isn't this a recurring theme? Haven't you posted multiple times about being hacked? Perhaps you are doing something wrong to keep falling victim?

Apologies if I'm getting confused with another poster.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Isn't this a recurring theme? Haven't you posted multiple times about being hacked? Perhaps you are doing something wrong to keep falling victim?

Apologies if I'm getting confused with another poster.

Nope not me, the initial link came from a news story. I followed that link and saw I had been pwned