Hastings Direct Insurance Discrimination.

Visit site
Just doing some only card insurance quotes for her as shes not computer savvy, and while i was at it thought id run it through hastings direct, BINGO, £300 cheaper than her current insurance with budget, ok this doesnt include brakedown cover but at £50.00 shes still getting it almost half price.

So, i speak with the nice lady at HD who says " oh, theres a discrepency in your application ", because my mother is devorced, she cannot be classed as a house wife, therefore must be unemployed, thus taking her insurance from £289 per month, up to £320, YUP £130 extra per year because shes devorced.

I explained to the lovely lady that their software on their website shouldnt allow you to pick these options if they couldnt cover them, and maybe their website requires further development as i didnt see why mummy should be charged £130 per year premium for being devorced.... I was kindly placed on hold then responded with... a polite way of saying tuff luck

So there, hastings direct will not get a penny from me or mother dearest in the future, and i will now kindly take her policy to diamond who after a phone call to confirm couldnt understand why HD cant cover her as a house wife/household duties because that is what she does.

Hastings Direct. You will be hearing from me again!:angry:

Hi Oddsocks,

I am sorry to see that you have had a bad experience with our company, I would like the opportunity to investigate this for you. If you would like to contact me directly with some more information about your policy I will be happy to help. We are always trying to improve our service and your feedback is much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Jamie Wicks
Social Media Manager
Hastings Direct
socialmedia@hastingsdirect.com

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi Jamie,

its nice to see that the company take customer satisfaction seriously whether they are infact an active customer or not. I will forward the quotation reference along with my contact details to you shortly.

Regards
Baz

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Jamie,

its nice to see that the company take customer satisfaction seriously whether they are infact an active customer or not. I will forward the quotation reference along with my contact details to you shortly.

Regards
Baz

At the same time Jamie could you try and investigate why Oddsock s balloons the ball 100 yards with his sub standard and clearly, ill fitting irons and ends up failing to beat one of the forums pensioners!!!

Chris

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
At the same time Jamie could you try and investigate why Oddsock s balloons the ball 100 yards with his sub standard and clearly, ill fitting irons and ends up failing to beat one of the forums pensioners!!!

Chris

Quality chris, see I told you that you were quite funny - not the grumpy old git that everyone thinks....

:rofl:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
:EEK: are Hastings Direct watching Oddsocks? he posted yesterday and today they register and are taking action, did they install spyware on your pc when you got a quote:whistle:

Joking aside, I can see no correlation as to why a Divorced lady should be paying considerably more than a non-divorced..........don't make no sense:confused:
I understand Jammags formula but it doesnt explain the financial discrepency.

jammag

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
If I wouldnt of signed a contract at the start of my employment I could tell you a whole host more of what some companies will load your insurance for one thing that shocked me to the core but they said because they can prove in a court of law that they have more claims they can do it. I think the only thing that doesnt affect your insurance is your house number, everything else you put in will be judged to some extent.

Editted to add: I dont know what Hastings Direct judge there insurance on so this may not be the case for themselves as I didnt work for or with them so they may have different underwriting criteria.