Hardelot Les Pins and Wimeraux

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Les Pins is a lovely course. Don't get greedy and try to cut too much off the corner of 18! Seems a waste not to play Les Dunes while you are there.

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
We were going to play Les Dunes instead of Wimeraux but I had heard some pretty rubbish reports about Les Dunes so decided to give links gold at Wimeraux a bash. Never played Links golf before so it appealed more to me than playing a course I probably won't like.

Couldn't find a bad review about Les Pins so really looking forward to playing that.

swanny32

Journeyman Pro
Tiptree, Essex - Where they make the Jam!
www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk
We also have an early tee time on Les Pins on the Saturday so would have plenty of time to play Les Dunes in the afternoon if we fancied playing another round, I'd imagine 18 will be enough though and we'll just go out and explore the area, want to take the guys up to a restaurant I know in Wimeraux...get them to try the French cuisine, some snails, muscles, fois gras etc

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
H'mm. Surprised about those 'bad reports'.

I liked them equally, though I was a member at a club that had a similar 2 course setup, with the open one being better, but the tree-lined one being the one to take visitors to, at the time. Unless something remarkably bad has happened, I believe it would definitely be worth the effort/cost to play both.

Always good to play a links course though. I fell in love with the style even before playing the course - at Princes!