Hard block to the right

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played yesterdy and was having an ok front 9, 6 over par when I started to block everything out to the right big time,cept the driver I suppose.Any idea what causes this,most noticable on my hybrid but the irons were at it as well!!
I'm thinking I was just not getting through the ball,any tips I can try at the range?

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
right quick trip to the range and a video of my swing shows my hips moving back during the backswing instead of rotating,pretty sure this is the cause of it,my pro did try to combat it a few seasons ago by getting me to turn my right foot in which felt completely alien and ruined my tempo.DO you think this http://www.perfectmygolf.co.uk/acatalog/Knee_Power_Coil.html
would combat it?

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lol probably is!
Fixed it though, right foot turned in,left foot turned in,can feel the resistance between uppper and lower body now,as an extra bonus I think I've gained some yardage as well!

AxelBenito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Right and left foot turned in? Was that the fix or the problem, sorry can't understand. I blocked a few times the other day, especially teeing on par 3's with irons and once with hybrid.

Al

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
Quickest on-course fix is ball position. Never let me down.

Then work at it during practise.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Right and left foot turned in? Was that the fix or the problem, sorry can't understand. I blocked a few times the other day, especially teeing on par 3's with irons and once with hybrid.

Al

I know sounds daft should be right foot turned in left foot turned out but it just worked,the block is from swaying hips on the backswing and then sliding them through impact instead of rotating onto the ball,the feet in trick just neutralises the hips.