HANDS-ON GOLF LESSON

ocha84

Visit site
I would like to know whether any of you know a reputable pro who gives hands on lesson. By that I mean not only standing in front of the student however guiding the student through the stages of the swing.

At the moment I'm trying to get my handicap down to single digits. So I'm thinking to get lessons. However after looking around for golf teachers. I still can't find a reputable teacher. Most of them are just trying to increase business instead of focusing on making the student to be able to play golf to their best potential.

Any suggestions???

Shooter_McGavin

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Have you seen the list of top 25 coaches in the golf monthly mag? Other than that many club pro's offer reasonable rates and are fully qualified to offer you lessons without ripping you off- you should try some respected courses in your area.

Magic

Visit site
Try going out for a round with the pro of a local course.
The impact it has had on my game is incredible.
I prefer to play the game and learn, rather than hit balls on the range. I found on the range that i could hit any shot i wanted eventually but on the course you just get the one shot at hitting it where you want it.
The pro helped with alignment, club selection and course management. All of these things have enabled me to get my handicap down to 14 without a mention of my swing.

dave1958

Visit site
Help any one i have a problem with hooking my mid to long irons yes i have checked my set up grip etc been and started to have lessions that did not work. The problem seem to be on a full swing that my hands/forearms rotate before or at impact closing the face resulting on a hooked shot to the left my driving is ok as well as my chipping & pitching this is now frustrating me any offers of help

ocha84

Visit site
To dave1958:

I would suggest you should check your grip whether it's too strong or not. It is important that you only grip the club with the last three fingers of your left hand.

If not it may be that your down swing sequence. check again whether you start your downswing with your hips rotating (uncoiling)or your hands first. I would recommend you to slow down your swing when practicing so that you can feel what your swing sequence is. Ideally the sequence is hips first then hands and shoulders.

good luck.

Visit site
strange that the lessons did not help.
anyway i started doing the same last year and i know how frustrating it is. i got lesson with my local pro . what i was doing wrong was only rotating my shoulders qnd not moving my hips. i was fine til i got to the top of my back swing and then it hapznzd (i think i was trying to generate power incorrectly). when you are at the top of the backswing try pushing your hip forward a bit before you start your down swing. this helped me no end. concentrate on this and don't worry about the ball or where it wwill end up (once done correctly the ball will get in the way of the club).
hope this helps ; this helped me get cut from 9 to 6 in two weekends.

dave1958

Visit site
Thanks for that one-put-willy i will give it a try seems as you had the same problem and you got yours sorted did your pro identify this quickly because the pro i went to was taking me no where at all so i stoped having the lessions and have been working on things myself. I will let you know how i get on. Hope to get a round in tommorrow weather permitting.