Handicap question

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys,

My situation is as follows. I haven't submitted a card via a comp for 6 months and I've changed clubs. Someone told me that my handicap is inactive and I need to put in three cards for a new one at my new club(s). The same person also said if I'd stayed at my old club my handicap would be active, apparently moving to a new club takes the inactive time from 12 to 6 months.

I'm not certain of this and I've often found handicap secretaries don't know the finer rules themselves. So thought I'd put it out to the experts on here who know far better than myself!

I'd rather put in 3 cards because I'm fairly confident of getting a really low round in, rather than transfering my old handicap and take a few months to get it really low as theres not many comps on (5 a month).

Cheers :thup:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pretty sure the 6 months starts from when you left the old club not when you last played a comp at the old club so if you had an active handicap when you left you then have 6 months to join a new club and take that handicap with you. If its more than 6 months at this point then you put new cards in for a new one

No doubt one of the real experts will be here soon to confirm

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you left 6 months ago then yes you need to resubmit 3 cards for handicap, but you should also inform your new club what your handicap was when you left the previous club too

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys,

My situation is as follows. I haven't submitted a card via a comp for 6 months and I've changed clubs. Someone told me that my handicap is inactive and I need to put in three cards for a new one at my new club(s). The same person also said if I'd stayed at my old club my handicap would be active, apparently moving to a new club takes the inactive time from 12 to 6 months.

I'm not certain of this and I've often found handicap secretaries don't know the finer rules themselves. So thought I'd put it out to the experts on here who know far better than myself!

I'd rather put in 3 cards because I'm fairly confident of getting a really low round in, rather than transfering my old handicap and take a few months to get it really low as theres not many comps on (5 a month).

Cheers :thup:

5 comps a month isn't a lot? I thought 1 a week was standard?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
It is 6 months between leaving old club and joining new one.
Any longer 3 cards are required along with previous handicap history, if your looking at cat 1 clubs work along with the county unions and are not able to issue a new cat 1 handicap so it would i imagine be unlikely that you would get a lot lower this way. 5 club comps a month plus lots of open comps for low players to be found should give you plenty of chance to go low through the summer.

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, going to discuss this with the manager on Friday.

Also, as I've joined two clubs am I allowed to enter 10 supplement cards from each club, or is it a maximum of 10 from both?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, going to discuss this with the manager on Friday.

Also, as I've joined two clubs am I allowed to enter 10 supplement cards from each club, or is it a maximum of 10 from both?

Supplementaries at Home Club only.