Handicap question

A1ex

Head Pro
Visit site
If you have one or two 'away' clubs and play in competitions at them, will your handicap be adjusted? Or will it only be down to comps on your 'home' course?

I presume every comp counts but just wanted confirmation.

:mmm:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are a member of more than one club, you have to nominate one club as your Home Club, inform all your clubs of the situation, and ensure that all qualifying competiton results are reported to your Home Club. You are also responsible, prior to playing qualifiers at your Away Clubs, that your current handicap is up to date with all the qualifiers you have played, home and away.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
If all clubs are on HowdidIdo it will do it automatically?!

Probably, but not all clubs are active on Central Databases so it's down to you. Clubs using HDID upload to HDID and separately to CDH (assuming you are in England). HDID is not the official bible on handicaps.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
it takes time for some clubs to enter away scores into the system. so if you play on consectutive days you must adjust your own handicap up or down. by asking the css before your next comp.

If you are not on a position to determine the CSS, then using the SSS is deemed 'adequate'. If in doubt, always play off the lowest possible handicap as playing off toon high could result in 'DQ'.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
it takes time for some clubs to enter away scores into the system. so if you play on consectutive days you must adjust your own handicap up or down. by asking the css before your next comp.

you don't 'adjust' your handicap up ever - only your home club can do that.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My home club is not on a central database.
So when i play at my other club in a comp, before i enter my score in the computer, it asks me if my handicap is correct and i change it to the correct.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
correct if you play away comp. on monday for instance and score say 6 under the ss or css which could be higher for away players . on the tuesday if you are playing in an away official comp you must play off at least in my case 1.8 less than the monday handicap
My home club is not on a central database.
So when i play at my other club in a comp, before i enter my score in the computer, it asks me if my handicap is correct and i change it to the correct.