Handicap adjustment query

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the first qualifier of the season today and scored slightly under my handicap, with another competition tomorrow I need to adjustmy hhandicap to prevent playing off an incorrect handicap and being disqualified (has happened before! ).

I have no way of knowing what the CSS for today was, am I correct in assuming that I should use the SSS?

The course is a par 72 and the SSS is 71, today I scored a gross 85 with an 8 on a par 4 (SI 14 so its a shot hole) which equates to a Stableford score of 40 points. My handicap at the moment is as my signature at 16.2.

The way I have worked it out gives a new actual of 15.6. But is that correct?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The 8 would become a 7 - nett double. 6 is a double but with the shot a 7 is nett.
So effectively gross 84 - 16 = 68 or 3 under SSS
You're in Cat 3 so 3 x 0.3 = 0,9
So 16.2 - 0.9 = 15.3

So play off 15 tomorrow.

This could, of course, be complete baloney.....

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 8 would become a 7 - nett double. 6 is a double but with the shot a 7 is nett.
So effectively gross 84 - 16 = 68 or 3 under SSS
You're in Cat 3 so 3 x 0.3 = 0,9
So 16.2 - 0.9 = 15.3

So play off 15 tomorrow.

This could, of course, be complete baloney.....

Let it be recorded that I have agreed with imurg.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Let it be recorded that I have agreed with imurg.

And I agree with both of them!:confused:

That properly uses the procedure of using SSS when CSS is not known, so if you find out what CSS was before starting you can get your true one from that - or the results. CSS can be 1 less than SSS or up to 3 more (before becoming a Reduction Only comp) so there is a possibility that 14 or 16 will be your 'correct' one.

But playing of 15 is the correct thing to do until yesterday's results are fully available.

Well done btw.