Hammering down

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
It's absolutely hammering it down here in the South West, thunder and lightning the works. Just to cheer you all up, it's working it's way across the country.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sat looking at a bunch of americans gearing up to go out to play RCD. It's horizontal driving rain. Lovely. £180, in advance, no refunds, so they are playing.

I've not played yet this week, partly due to having a cold, and partly due to the weather. I hope to be playing Clandeboye tomorrow, in the sun. Saturday looks nice too.

I guess by the time Snelly gets here it will be like summer again.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Its 11.15 and dry, still and perfect for golf here in sunny Folkestone!

Sadly I'm lumbered at work

S

Snelly

I hope so! You can have four seasons in a day in that neck of the woods. Arriving on Sunday and it would be nice to play in calm conditions as the last two years have been like playing in a disaster film. That said, we have two low handicappers in our team so it might be a advantage if it blows hard.

Go to Slieve Donard's spa and have a nice massage Murph. There's also a really nice Japanese bath there to steam the germs out of you.

And if you have the time, try Ardglass GC. It is quite nice if you haven't played it before.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I hope so! You can have four seasons in a day in that neck of the woods. Arriving on Sunday and it would be nice to play in calm conditions as the last two years have been like playing in a disaster film. That said, we have two low handicappers in our team so it might be a advantage if it blows hard.

Go to Slieve Donard's spa and have a nice massage Murph. There's also a really nice Japanese bath there to steam the germs out of you.

And if you have the time, try Ardglass GC. It is quite nice if you haven't played it before.

Ardglass is nice. My dad used to be a member there. I love the stroke saver too. On the first, the advice is to aim right, you have the whole of Ireland to aim at.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Forecast for the weekend and the following week looks good. Bit of rain now should make West Hill perfect on Monday.:whoo:

Cheifi0

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It's not raining up here but it was real thick fog this morning, could only see maybe 50 yards tops on the golf course. Didn't stop some folk going out still though. I struggle to follow my ball at the best of times!

D

Deleted member 17920

Played 18 today, Teed off at 10.00 back in and its rained for an hour from 3.15 so not too bad at all. Overnight forecast looks a bit glum tho :(

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Few heavy showers in Reading but nothing major. Few showers early tomorrow and set fair for the weekend and Monday. Happy days as I'm off tomorrow and playing AM and got a Ping demo PM
Probably a stupid question but what are you looking to demo at a Ping day ? You have brand new Pings in the bag.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Sat looking at a bunch of americans gearing up to go out to play RCD. It's horizontal driving rain. Lovely. £180, in advance, no refunds, so they are playing.

I've not played yet this week, partly due to having a cold, and partly due to the weather. I hope to be playing Clandeboye tomorrow, in the sun. Saturday looks nice too.

What time are you playing Murph? I live/work a mile and a bit down the road and it has lashed for the last 2 days. Our course has been shut. You should be OK in the afternoon as it is due to be dry, still raining here now though.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Had a job today to take someone to Newquay airport. Started raining as I got the other side of Salisbury then got progressively worse the whole way. Bodmin moor was literally in the clouds, visibility down to about 100 forum yards, yet still numpties were going past at 80 with no lights on. Utter utter morons...

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was lovely today until late afternoon. Some heavy downpours but they didn't last for long. No jacket required this morning for golf. Forecast is good golfing weather for the next few days.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thunder and lightening at the moment - my fault for being so smug when it was nice this morning!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Probably a stupid question but what are you looking to demo at a Ping day ? You have brand new Pings in the bag.

He's after some s55's rich, the g25 are on their way out!! Homer is a fickle fella :confused::D

Actually after trying the I20 again. Hit them in the custom fit but just got a nagging itch that I can't scratch and want to see what the Ping fitter says. Of course if the new offering is there to hit it would be rude not to. Not desperate to change just a case of convincing myself the I20 are/aren't for me