Halesowen Golf Club

AdamC28

Visit site
Anyone a member or even played much here?

It’s a course that has flown under the radar for me really but is pretty local.
I am looking to become a full time member of a club for the first time and Halesowen has made the shortlist even though I haven’t played there yet.

Obviously going to go and see what it’s all about for myself and hopefully have a sit down with someone there to discuss but would be interested to hear if anyone here has played it and what your thoughts were?

AdamC28

Visit site
Where about's you from Adam? Halesowen is local to me and slipped under my radar too but does look excellent.

Let me know how you get on there

I'm in Rednal Ant.
Halesowen really appeals to me from a value point of view. I'm just a little worried about the course layout with how some of the fairways cross over each other.
There are lots of nice courses around this way, problem being most are out of my price range at the minute.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Former member here. It's a tough course, plenty of hills and you'll be playing off a lot of slopes.
Yes there's a few criss cross holes but you soon get used to that.
Greens are superb, well they were when I was a member and from what friends tell me they've got better.
Got a small practice facility that they've recently had, but you wouldn't be able to practice your driving, there's a range not far away where members get a discount, that you can use.
Paul's a decent pro too, useful for lessons and always does a deal on stock.
One thing I didn't like though was that you don't book the tee unless it's a big comp. So come Saturday and Sunday when the medals and stablefords are on, you'll be queuing up on the tee, if you go first thing. Quieter at 11 onwards.
One medal, stableford, bogey comp per month too, on a weekend. Get yourself booked for a round.

AdamC28

Visit site
Well, managed to get a round in this weekend and to be honest it beat me up pretty badly.
As someone relatively new to the game it’s a very challenging course, but it is a beautiful setting and a pleasure to walk around.

Greens are some of these best I’ve ever played on and the course layout works a lot better than map images show.

Got a real decision to make now.
Do I join and hope that playing a challenging course makes me a better player or look at somewhere more at my current level :unsure: