Haddington Golf Club

musselburghgolfclub

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi heading to Haddington GC, East Lothian, Scotland next week because my home club are holding a district championships. But they booked times at other courses this being the course for my desired time (Saturday Afternoon). Just asking for any hints or tips on certain holes eg. big slopes, good aiming points.

In The Bag
Nike Ignite 10.5
Nike T60 3 wood
Masters Hybrid (in the market for a new one)
Cobra Hump irons 4-gw
Titleist Vokey Design 54 and 58
Nike 0z1 putter 28 inch

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I grew up in haddington, lived there for 20 years or so.

Played the course the other week, was in great nick actually, made a lot of changes from when i was a kid.

Not many "secrets" to it, you can pretty much see everything in front of you really. I enjoyed it.

Homer - used to play charity footy matches with fish (derek right?), quite a sight on the pitch!! Tyneside is good aswell, used to live opposite the sports centre up the road from there.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I grew up in haddington, lived there for 20 years or so.

Played the course the other week, was in great nick actually, made a lot of changes from when i was a kid.

Not many "secrets" to it, you can pretty much see everything in front of you really. I enjoyed it.

Homer - used to play charity footy matches with fish (derek right?), quite a sight on the pitch!! Tyneside is good aswell, used to live opposite the sports centre up the road from there.

Yep, the one and only Derek Dick. Have to say I love the Tynecastle. Great food in there and a real friendly welcome. Fish puts on a fans convention every couple of years and so I go up and watch the gigs and chill with other fans of his stuff. Great little place to visit

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
They have changed the layout of it recently but have an acquaintance who plays there who says it is in good nick.Not a long course where position is a key and should you hit it straight you will get many birdie chances.

It's not the Tynecastle by the way Homer it's the Tyneside Tavern......was there recently as the fella who is in it is a big player in the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal and our paths crossed recentky.....great boozer all the same.

B

birdieman

Ha ha was in the Tynesdie tavern for lunch week before last as I work in Haddington. They do some nice ales in there.
Have not played the course or seen Fish unfortunately... :p

Real to Reel is a terific live album, played it a lot circa 1985.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's not the Tynecastle by the way Homer it's the Tyneside Tavern......was there recently as the fella who is in it is a big player in the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal and our paths crossed recentky.....great boozer all the same.

You are quite right but being near Edinburgh my mind instantly goes towards Hearts (hence Tynecastle) especially as Fish is a Hibbie