H/Caps for uneven Texas Scramble Teams

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have searched but can't find a previous thread.....so..... we're having a 3-man Texas which I understand use 10% of H/caps but if there's a No-show & a team of 2 is left what H/cap should they use in order to join in equitably.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I doubt if there is any hard and fast rule

If it is a no show the handicap of the the no show person on the assumption that your rules would allow them to join at a later hole.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I doubt if there is any hard and fast rule

If it is a no show the handicap of the no show person on the assumption that your rules would allow them to join at a later hole.
I understand that there's no 'hard & fast' rule just keen to hear if anyone has a solution that has worked well for them, as the 2 person team may not have their 3rd arrive later, & as a Charity event you'd want as many as possible to participate.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The nature of the format makes it very difficult.
We used a ghost player , no more shots but alternate players had another putt once they were on the green.
You could do this for the whole round and select alternate holes where one player plays two balls.
That can get tiring though.
I don’t think there is a perfect answer. Someone will always complain especially if they get a prize or win.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Interestingly the forthcoming WHS gives recommendations on Texas Scramble handicaps...

for a 4 man scramble they recommend 25%/20%/15%/10% from lowest to highest handicap and for a 2 man scramble 35% of the low handicapper and 15% of the high handicapper. For some reason they don't make a recommendation for a three ball scramble!!!

Interesting, but I know it doesn't help the OP much!!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
where
Interestingly the forthcoming WHS gives recommendations on Texas Scramble handicaps...

for a 4 man scramble they recommend 25%/20%/15%/10% from lowest to highest handicap and for a 2 man scramble 35% of the low handicapper and 15% of the high handicapper. For some reason they don't make a recommendation for a three ball scramble!!!

Interesting, but I know it doesn't help the OP much!!

Played in 2-man event last weekend and they used this (first scramble where I'd seen this formula being used)