GUR

effayjay

Club Champion
Visit site
The definition of ground under repair includes “grass cuttings, leaves and any other material piled for later removal”. That’s the case even if the committee has not defined them as such

At our club once they are removed they get dumped in piles in heavy rough to rot. If my ball ends up in such a pile do I still get free relief?

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
The definition of ground under repair includes “grass cuttings, leaves and any other material piled for later removal”. That’s the case even if the committee has not defined them as such

At our club once they are removed they get dumped in piles in heavy rough to rot. If my ball ends up in such a pile do I still get free relief?
No

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Cutting of the grass in our ecological grassland areas (largely unmanaged rough) is ongoing at the moment. Until it is gathered and baled we get relief from it under Rule 16.

This means that we will be dropping out of the usually uncut areas of rough onto the first cut - unfortunately that reduces benefit of straight driving…ah well, I’ll just have to spray it around.

I expect the 2 from 3 AM-AM today will see some high team Stableford scores.