Guest rates

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23270

Guest rate at my club is about £38 but looking at other clubs online, the Wisley is £105 and JCB is a whopping £175!

If invited would you pay those amounts?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
From what I have read JCB is pretty stunning so whilst it is a lot you would mark that down as a special occasion course.

In my head guest rates would kick in no more than £20, I've never paid more than that, but I maybe I am lucky where I am. To play my place it is £15 midweek, £20 weekend for someone playing with a member. That seems fair.

In answer to your question, I would probably pay that for JCB but not Wisley and probably not your own course, although I don't know which course it is but I will make an exception if it is a top 100 course :LOL:

phillarrow

Visit site
Personally, I don't feel I am good enough to get the worth out of paying such high fees just because it's a great course. I'd pay for the history and will join weekends away on decent courses, but not anything over £50 a round just to play a round on a good course. I might think differently if I was better at golf but not right now.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
For a lot of the top courses, I would take the opportunity to play at at the reduced rate. Would just need to balance how many it as and limit spending in other areas.

If I was a low single figure player, then I think this decision becomes easier as you are less likely to get beaten up by the course if it is overly difficult, but then again sometimes you just have to accept you're an amateur golfer and just enjoy the course.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not going to pay top dollar to play any course at the moment as my golf isn’t consistent enough to guarantee that I won’t come off feeling really p’d off having paid a load of ££s to play rubbish and feel miserable about it…?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Guest rate at my club is about £38 but looking at other clubs online, the Wisley is £105 and JCB is a whopping £175!

I wouldn't for the Wisley as I've never heard of it (forgive my ignorance). I probably would for the JCB though.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I paid £200 to attend a charity day at JCB last summer, would pay that again without hesitation.

I've got a time at Rye this year, I said yes without asking how much. Been trying to get on there for a while.

All of this is meaningless as everyone has different income, different priorities and perspectives.

I don't smoke, or drink (very much.)

I'd rather spend my disposable income playing golf.

D

Deleted member 21258

Depends on who is doing the inviting, company is more important than course.:oops:

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

From what I was told at JCB there are no guest rates per se as the 300 (I think) Corp members have to buy their rounds up front - they choose either 100, 160 or 250 (from memory) but I think that would equate to something around £200 each. I am not sure that they can even buy extra round credits. Also, a stay in the lodges is also paid for from the credits so overall they probably only have around 5,000 rounds per year from Corp members, compared to near 50k on many courses.