ground before ball.............again!

leonneab

Medal Winner
Visit site
this problem seems to have sneeked into my game over the pass couple of months.

im setting upwith the ball centre in my stance but on the down swing im hitting the ground first. This resulting in me loseing all my power and generally topping the ball.

Any sugestions in stopping this please

cheers in advance

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The ball shouldn't really be in the centre for any club? If you put the ball in the centre, half of it is behind the centre, which is not good. I have been advised to have the ball 33/66 at worst, unless trying to punch it. Other wise I can get cramped coming into the ball.

Sounds like you are taking your eye off the ball to me.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Fats/Drop-kicks can be caused by all sorts of reasons but, FOR ME, any time I have the feeling my head is getting out of control, I concentrate on watching the grass below where the ball was before I look to see where the ball has gone.

leonneab

Medal Winner
Visit site
cheers murphthemog. so your saying play the ball forward in my stance? Would that not result in me hitting the ground behind the ball even sooner?

cheers for your thoughts

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you're duffing it then the chances are you've got your weight stuck on your back foot too much. Try and make sure you make a good move forward onto your front foot on the downswing and yes, the heel of the back foot should be a few inches off the ground at impact...just like Rory

Photo0.jpg

leonneab

Medal Winner
Visit site
Cheers bob mac, really great advice and illustration. Off to the range tomorrow evening ( after the Open coverage) will let you know how I get on. Kind regards

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
If you're duffing it then the chances are you've got your weight stuck on your back foot too much. Try and make sure you make a good move forward onto your front foot on the downswing and yes, the heel of the back foot should be a few inches off the ground at impact...just like Rory

View attachment 2197

Just watch you dont send it towards another group / spectator lol