Grip Choice Sweaty/Wet Hands.

Mungoscorner

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My clubs have Multi Compounds Fitted, and if i'm honest i really can't fault them except for durability and cost.
However, a couple of my wedges have GP Tour Velvets fitted, and if i'm honest they feel even better than the Multi Compounds. They are very tacky, are soft enough without being squidgy, and are as cheap as chips, but they seem to taper very quickly and as soon as they encounter moisture they become about as grippy as a wet herring.
Has anybody found anything that has the qualities of a Tour Velvet, but has a less pronounced taper, and is still usable when your hands become wet and/or sweaty ?

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Look at the Lamkin 3 gen .. They get better in the wet apparently and having used one the feel quite tacky ( squidgey might suggest your to firm on the grip!)

tyke

Head Pro
Visit site
Look at the Lamkin 3 gen .. They get better in the wet apparently and having used one the feel quite tacky ( squidgey might suggest your to firm on the grip!)

The new Lamkin Ace 3 Gen Crosslines are fantastic tacky grips that play excellently in the dry and wet.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Another for corded grips... Tried all of the premium brands over the years and I can't really tell the difference... Don't wear a glove either and I do change the grips fairly regularly...