graffaloy proforce nt, 85g,x stiff

granters

Q-School Graduate
www.theirvinegolfclub.co.uk
Seeking some help. Today I finally gave up the ghost with my driver, a 909 with stiff voodoo shaft.unless I go easy ,it can go anywhere,and driving is genuinely my strong point. I played the last 4 with my bro's 910 with yard,80gram,extra stiff and what a difference. The first one carried 270, measured on gps in it's own plug Mark.

So i'm gonna switch ,and have found the graffaloy cheap.on flea bay as its an older model. Anyone know how beefy it is? I want a low flight for my links golf,and want to go after it

Or are there any alternatives.don't wanna spend much,it's just to see me through until next year

Cheers

Last edited:
T

thecraw

Seeking some help. Today I finally gave up the ghost with my driver, a 909 with stiff voodoo shaft.unless I go easy ,it can go anywhere,and driving is genuinely my strong point. I played the last 4 with my bro's 910 with yard,80gram,extra stiff and what a difference. The first one carried 270, measured on gps in it's own plug Mark.

So i'm gonna switch ,and have found the graffaloy cheap.on flea bay as its an older model. Anyone know how beefy it is? I want a low flight for my links golf,and want to go after it

Or are there any alternatives.don't wanna spend much,it's just to see me through until next year

Cheers

Your brother at least hits the ball long. He's a beast, you'll never lace his boots! :ears:

I've no idea how you swing Grant but fear an extra stiff 80g shaft will be poker!

granters

Q-School Graduate
He does belt it craw, he got fitted for the 910,and I'm 10 yards shorter but the shaft on his suits me down to the ground. Think i'll give it a go, the voodoo on my 909 is like a rubber band.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Presumably, that's a Graf Prototype Comp NT 85 X.

Heavy, Tip-stiff, High kick Point. Low-ish spin, Plays slightly stiffer than flex cf most others. If that doesn't keep trajectory down, try an telegraph pole!

Grafalloy,com has a shaftfit application that you can use to check for recommendation of current products - does come up with Project X a lot though! The Comp might be a cheap experiment but, with those specs, there's not going to be much of a market if it's not for you (I know of 1 who might like to try it though).

What was the one in your Bro's. Why not get one of those?

Last edited:

granters

Q-School Graduate
Cheers for the reply.the shaft in my brothers is 80 quid,not willing to shell that out just now. His is a tour spec x stiff something or other, he swings at 115,I'm nowhere near that myself but I definitely benefit from the extra solidity of it. 270 pure carry is a long way for me. I hit his easily another 20 yards.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Granter. The 85 seems to be target at Fairways. The 65 is the 'matching' Driver, though normally only 10gms difference. You could possibly try the 65X, which would still be pretty low flying, and adjust weight with a wrap of lead tape under the grip and/or near the hozel if you need the extra stability of a heavier shaft. If it doesn't work out, it's more likely there'll be market for the 65X than the 85X too.