GPS Unit

Bwgan

Hacker
Visit site
The old man is 70 is December and has asked for a new GPS unit. He started out wanting a new watch but we've convinced ourselves a handheld unit is the way to go...
So far we've narrowed it down to the Garmin G30, has anyone got one? other recommendations?

Thanks
Alex

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Skycaddie SX500 all the way. £379 so not cheap but it's the best I've seen.

Just got mine and it's brilliant. I upgraded from a touch. It's the size of a smart phone so has a large touchscreen. Larger screen with larger numbers etc might be better for a 70 year old. Also seems a lot more instinctive to use than previous versions as well. So again might suit.

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive a garmin and its fine but playing with someone with a skycaddie touch from this thread , its nowhere near as accurate as skycaddie. Skycaddie actually map each course in person!!!!. I will change to skycaddie the next time i buy a gps device.
Folk may argue about a few yards diff, but u cant argue about real people mapping courses!

dronfield

Visit site
Hi
i have been really pleased with Bushnell Neo Ghost - has now been upgraded to Phantom. Clubhousegolf are selling the Ghost at £75 - good deal as Phantom is £99.
Easy to read n use and very accurate.
Rich

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi
i have been really pleased with Bushnell Neo Ghost - has now been upgraded to Phantom. Clubhousegolf are selling the Ghost at £75 - good deal as Phantom is £99.
Easy to read n use and very accurate.
Rich
I use the neo+ (older version) works great I still get 2 rounds per charge and its accurate its the most used equipment in my bag, I'd be lost without it

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Ive a garmin and its fine but playing with someone with a skycaddie touch from this thread , its nowhere near as accurate as skycaddie. Skycaddie actually map each course in person!!!!. I will change to skycaddie the next time i buy a gps device.
Folk may argue about a few yards diff, but u cant argue about real people mapping courses!

Or a hole that has been changed 3 years ago now still not being updated by some!!

🤔🤔🤔

BTatHome

Tour Winner
Visit site
.... as each GPS has a degree of inaccuracy anyway, it could be that one of the units has a small inaccuracy in the negative yardage and the other has a small inaccuracy in a positive yardage... each unit having a +/- 1% accuracy could mean 3 yards over a 150yd shot (and that's without any claims of mapping accuracy, or inaccuracy)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have the Bushnell Neo XS watch which has performed sterling service over about 5 years and the battery is still good enough for 2+ rounds.
It really depends what you want from your GPS. For me it's Front, Middle, Back and some hazards. For me the watch is easier than a hand held as it is a quick glance and we're away.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bushnell neo,does what it says on the tin and good deal circa £100.Almost a novelty now to play with someone who doesn't have a GPS ! Always amuses me with the discussion about who's the most accurate GPS to within a yard....if you're off worse than low single figures anything within 15-20ft is surely a more than acceptable outcome is it not? If 150yd is a 7 iron surely 149 is too?😁