Goswick GC

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very much looking forward to my annual trip to play Goswick in their men's open.

Anyone else playing?

I really rate the course, if you haven't played there, give it a visit sometime.

AliMc

Visit site
Not playing this Ken but played in gents pairs recently as a late stand in for someone who was ill, the greens were unbelievably good and we had the usual 2 club wind, I'm sure you'll enjoy it

AliMc

Visit site
It's a brilliant golf course and great value at around £600 a year i believe, a bit like the Roxburghe in that it's a bit out of the way but under an hours drive for Ken and I and we have both as reciprocal's from Dunbar

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's a tremendous course. There's a dozen of us on an "Escape the Jubbly" Trip, staying over at Alnmouth GC on a well-priced package & playing Goswick on 2nd June, Bamburgh & Foxup on other days.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just home. Great fun and had very good company. Course was fantastic with very quick greens. Also won a raffle prize. ?

But...boy it was windy. Most par 4s into the wind were unreachable. I hit a par 5 (6th?) downwind with a drive and 8 iron.

Ended up with an NR by losing my second ball after the first bounced out of bounds.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Indeed, if you have a fade(slice!) tendency the drive with OB down the right gets your full attention. Having hopefully found the fairway you want to be left for the approach to the green but the safe shot it right. That though leaves a tough pitch up to the green. Always happy with a 5 on that hole - SI 13 or somesuch doesn't do it justice !

4th is also a great par 5 with a really small and fun slope-y green

peld

Visit site
Played it a few weeks ago for the second time - was quite odd and wind was totally the opposite direction from the first time so was like a different course.

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
Not played goswick since the good old forum England v Scotland matches. The pinnacle of forum meet ups

I also have not played it since the England v Scotland matches. they were great weekends on a great course with great people.
My profile pic was actually taken on the first tee at the first match by Viscount17 I believe

evemccc

Visit site
Loved Goswick when I played it in the late autumn - I would definitely join it if I were 90mins or less away

The only hole I didn’t enjoy was the 9th…I thought the 18th was much nicer than some people say, and a great closing ‘matchplay’ hole

Brads

Visit site
A friend of mine is a member there and loves it.
Joined as he is a member at Dunbar and struggles to get the times he wants.

AliMc

Visit site
Loved Goswick when I played it in the late autumn - I would definitely join it if I were 90mins or less away

The only hole I didn’t enjoy was the 9th…I thought the 18th was much nicer than some people say, and a great closing ‘matchplay’ hole
I've always thought that the 9th is probably the weakest hole, although it's tough when the wind is against, there has been talk of remodelling it apparently but don't know if it will happen