Good movies on Sky

B

birdieman

Anyone recommend any good films currently on Sky movies or Box Office?

Last night scrolling down the movie choices and nothing jumping out but took a punt and watched the Ridley Scott directed 'Body of Lies'. Had not heard of it but was very impressed with it. Very enjoyable, good bloke's movie. 2hr 10 mins well spent.

Good plot and well acted. Not generally a big Russell Crowe fan but he plays the supporting role brilliantly. Di Caprio is good in the lead role. Story based around the CIA's undercover guys trying to out an elusive terrorist leader in the middle east by any means possible, legal or not - I will say no more. ;)

dangermouse

Assistant Pro
Visit site
saving private ryan was on last night.

a lot of people aren't big tom hanks fans, usually because he plays teh same big soppy character in a lot of his films, but he is absolutely excellent in that.

a really great film. Channel 309 always seems to have a decent selection on - think Silence of the Lambs and Enemy at the Gates were both on in the last couple of days.

If you have kids, The Game Plan is always on, and makes for entertaining viewing for the adults too (we don't have kids, but my wife must have watched the fim 4 or 5 times in the last month!)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
'saving private ryan' is good for the same reason that 'we were soldiers' is good.

in both, the actors forget about who they are and actually play the characters.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
saving private ryan was on last night.
a lot of people aren't big tom hanks fans, usually because he plays teh same big soppy character in a lot of his films, but he is absolutely excellent in that.

Another Tom Hanks film, The Green Mile, was on the other night. I stayed up watching it until gone mid-night and just as the credits rolled remembered I have it in my DVD collection....
(I did exactly the same bloody thing with Jaws a couple of months ago)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Is it worth watching ? The book is great but so many of Stephen Kings books are turned into godawful films (with a few, notable exceptions)

I think it is. It's a reasonable film and I'm not normally in to Stephen Kings stuff.
Both me and the Missus blub at the end but then I blubbed at Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think i saw something similar on the adult channel, saving Ryans privates, not sure if it was the same, it was a double billing with Mary Potter and the philosophers bone. ;)

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think i saw something similar on the adult channel, saving Ryans privates, not sure if it was the same, it was a double billing with Mary Potter and the philosophers bone. ;)

Are you a professional comedian?
;)

I hope not for his sake - he'd be skint
I don't know,you try to bring a little happiness into peoples life and that's what you get. ;)

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Are you a professional comedian?
;)

I hope not for his sake - he'd be skint
I don't know,you try to bring a little happiness into peoples life and that's what you get. ;)

Apologies for breaking up the Drawboy love in but wasn't it Shaving Ryan's privates?

For the record - I've never seen these films as I am a wholesome and upstanding member of the community..... :cool:

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
If you have sky player check out "In Bruges" and "Training day" 2 crackers.

Both good films. I watched In Bruges a second time last week after being "disappointed" when I watched it the first time. My disappointment must have been due to weariness and dozing off because on second view it was masterful, thoroughly enjoyed it, and recommend it.

Can't remember the channel, but Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was on Friday night, that's also worth a watch, very black in humour and very funny in parts.