Good courses near Lincoln???

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi all, and apologies for the cross-post, but can anyone give the low down on these courses near Lincoln please? I play at Welton and fancy a change, what are these courses like (and indeed please give your honest opinion of Welton so I know where you're coming from)? Much appreciated.
Canwick
Blankney
Millfield
Carholme
Newark
Market Rasen
If you're afriad of insulting someones home course, please PM. If I've left any out that are similar radius from Lincoln let me know, oh, and Woodall isn't on there as I don't have a million pounds :)

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
Welton is...erm...ok.

Alot of those you've listed are MUCH better quality.

Newark Golf Club is really nice. Bit of an old school place, but a decent track, very matured.

Blankney is also nice, but very popular.

I've never played Carholme but it looks utterly awful/boring whenever I drive past it.

Others to consider (if you want to play on a nice track) would be Sleaford Golf Club and also Boston Golf Club (not Boston West!)

They're a bit pricier but not as pricey as Woodhall Spa.

Also, my favourite course in the county (I'm biased as I used to be a member) would be Belton Park near Grantham.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Out of 10...

Canwick ...........Never played
Blankney...........8
Millfield..........4
Carholme...........Never payed
Newark.............7
Market Rasen.......8
Torksey............7
Gainsborough.......7
Forest Pines.......9

How far do you want to travel??? :)

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Canwick, Carholme & Millfield are not good (being polite). The nearest decent track to you if you're in Lincoln would be Blankney. Newark and Mkt Rasen are both good tracks as well. Gainsborough is good with 2 courses and a great clubhouse for the same money you'll pay at other clubs with one course. As it says above, depends how far away you are willing to travel.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks for the replies chaps, Aztec thanks for your diplomacy but I know it's not the greatest course, it's served me well as a training ground though as it's a quick 10 minute spin from my house hence the attraction. Bob what would you give Welton out of 10???!!! Pm if needs be :) Forest Pines sounds like a plan atm... Are they visitor friendly?! I don't have a H/C yet, thats another job for the bank hols.

Ultimately I'm looking for a new track, so over an hours drive and HID wouldn't see me at all of a weekend. Now some might argue that's not a bad thing, and she might be one of them ;)

Still, I have to at least make it look like I prefer her to golf.

But for a one off game over the bank hols coming up I'd be willing to spread out a little and there's some good suggestions on here. Thanks chaps

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Haven't a h/c yet but shot 82 on Sunday ;-) Then again it was 92 the week before ha ha. Came back to the game after a 15 year absence and have been working on a few things since so still very inconsistent, turning in my 3 cards over the next month or so I guess that'll give me a better perspective on where my game is.

Thanks for the info, Market Rasen might well be the ticket, what a thoroughly good bunch of blokes on this forum, such is the nature of the interweb I can only assume that in reality ye're all 21 year old female Russian models.

HickoryShaft

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Another vote for Market Rasen here also.

One of my favorite courses and certainly great pick from the local bunch.

I have a day there in June - looking forward to it already.