GolfBuddy Voice

T

thecraw

Has anyone got any good or bad experiences of these devices?

Looking to possibly get a cheap GPS again to supplement the laser. This device seems to tick the boxes and more importantly no annual subscription. Had a couple of instances yesterday where my laser missed the flag so I was rather "out". In fact on the last if bigslice hadn't given me a "proper" yardage I'd have scattered the guys having a beer on the sun terrace or hit the clubhouse. My laser had obviously hit the clubhouse behind the flag, not the flag.

Could have been embarrassing on my first round as a member at West Kilbride. Thankfully I clubbed down 2 clubs and found the green.

:thup:

kev_off_the_tee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think Midnight has one but haven't seen him on in a while. Allylodge also had one but rid soon after

I can recommend golfbuddy enough, my platinum is brilliant gives you all the info you could ever need. I put it agains a bushnell laser, garmin s3 and a shotsaver s300 and we were all within 2 yards. There was a slight issue with the screen so sent it back to GB on Monday and had a brand new replacement on Friday

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have now used it for about 2 months or so rounds and so thought I would give a review :

The is a very easy GPS to use , when it arrives you just plug in and sign into the website and download the latest courses, it is then ready to use. (no subscriptions)

When I checked my course , i discovered that it had the old course on and not the new layout. I immediately sent golf Buddy a email and within 3 days I had a reply to say that the course had been updated.(cracking service)

Went out the next day and true to their word the course was on and was correct.

The unit once you arrive at the course takes a few seconds to work out where you are , then you are away. The unit gives you the basic info i.e front, center, back of the green. It only displays 1 of these at a time , if you want to change it from the center , then you press a button and it tells you that distance.

You can measure your shots and see how weak you actually are, again this is very handy for those 300 + drives that are really only 190.

One issue I did have with the unit was that if you go onto another fairway the unit thinks you are playing that hole and gives you the reading to that green, again pressing a button brings you back up to hole selection and you choose the hole you are on.

I was a bit worried about the volume and whether the voice would annoy me or my playing partners, this has not been a issue at all. (You can also mute the voice)

For people with crap eye sight like me , the figures displayed on the screen are big enough , also having it speak the distance really helps.

I have found that a full charge lasts me 2-3 rounds. (This has been over a few days)

I have also checked the accuracy on a round with my friend who has a sky caddie, the max difference was 3-5 yards.

Overall , I am very impressed with this unit and if all you are after is the basic front,center,back distances you will not go wrong with this .

I am sure some people will not like it , but for me it is spot on.

Hope this helps mate and if you need any more info let me know

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
I love mine, works a treat and never had a problem, agree with Midnight and i love the size and mobility when compared to the larger GPS on the market. Recommended :)