Golf Travel bag

batchworth

Visit site
does anyone have any experience of the following golf travel bag. They seem good value, and to be honest, I will only be using it once (maybe twice a year) so don't want to spend to much and at £50 they seem good value:

48c9a40c-d591-4e2b-884a-89d1ab78593d_4000x.progressive.jpg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't buy anything made by MacGregor nowadays. I had a golf bag of theirs a year two ago, and it basically crumbled to pieces within six months. Stitching had come away, edges frayed, a zip had broken off, and a pocket lining completely torn. Poor quality.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
With these things much of the time you get what you pay for, it's it's cheap it's usually that for a reason. Of course there are exceptions. I bought a cheap one a few years ago, I didn't use it but my mate borrowed it to go on holiday with his wife for her clubs and it came back wrecked. Only to Spain and back, got ripped and the zip broke. Tbh I'm glad I didn't use it myself, I'd have been gutted if my clubs were damaged.

AAC

Visit site
I had a Mizuno travel bag, it was great quality but just too big. I sold it and bought a woodworm one, I also looked at the Macgregor but went with the woodworm as it just looked a bit better (and came in red/white which makes it easier to spot). I haven't used it yet but it does seem quite well made. Its first test will be on a Ryanair flight to Ireland so the baggage handlers will no doubt give it a stern testing.

D

Deleted member 23344

I’ve always used a hard case … a bit more expensive, but much more secure.

Tinkerman

Visit site
I've got the same bag but the blue/black version. Used it for 3 years now a couple of times a year and have had no problems.

Would recommend going for one that is not all black as the conveyor belt often has a few of those bags on it!

SyR

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have a similar priced one off amazon. The outside took a lot of abuse when we flew to Marocco, especially on the internal flight between Casablanca and Agadir but the zip held up and my bag and clubs were fine. I put some extra golf towels in the bag to provide extra padding for the club heads and I also added a spare old long-shafted driver to take the abuse in case the bag was squashed or bent.