Golf Swing

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Hi & welcome.

I'm no expert but it looks pretty good for someone who's only been playing a few months. Where do you play and do you have a handicap yet?

whoppersk

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks. I never hit a golf ball until February and basically I could only hit 80% of those at the golf range lol. I have played a couple of times up at the hilton templepatrick in Northern Ireland. I havent joined a club yet first couple of rounds It has hammered down with rain (typical with this country).
A little background - I bought my first driver in American Golf two weeks ago. I have to say Im loving it (Taylormade RBZ stage 2). Alot of my driver start go left a little either turn really right or a little right. I do practice quite a lot in a local park. mainly short game. is there anything that stick out i could work on. thanks again

G

guest100718

Well you appear to be hitting invisible golf balls....ide fix that bit first

whoppersk

Hacker
Visit site
No problems i will hit some tonight and load them up. The only reason i did this was to get a quick capture of the four different views. Thanks for the replies

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks. I never hit a golf ball until February and basically I could only hit 80% of those at the golf range lol. I have played a couple of times up at the hilton templepatrick in Northern Ireland. I havent joined a club yet first couple of rounds It has hammered down with rain (typical with this country).
A little background - I bought my first driver in American Golf two weeks ago. I have to say Im loving it (Taylormade RBZ stage 2). Alot of my driver start go left a little either turn really right or a little right. I do practice quite a lot in a local park. mainly short game. is there anything that stick out i could work on. thanks again

Just waiting to take ownership of a new RBZ stage 2 9.5* stiff shaft myself , they are nice aint they ? Welcome along , Get over to Ballyliffin for the Irish meet in July & we will have a look for real :thup:

Last edited:

whoppersk

Hacker
Visit site
Do you tend to slice a lot of your shots? Also, do you often hit the ground first before the ball?

I dont slice any of my shots tbh. I hit mainly straight enough shots. The main problem comes when i wind up for a big drive and it starts out nice and left and then violently swings right mid air. if im practising i would hit the ground about 7 shots out of about 100. but i would say that is because i try to put to much into it and it feels like im squatting into the shot if that makes sense.

I have to say i stopped going to the driving range as much - this was giving me false confidence hitting shots and tbh i hit alot of the ground. About 4 weeks ago i made the decision to start practising at the local playing field and this has helped a good bit.

trying to think about when i hit the ground here. i do hit the ground when it is soaking as well.

whoppersk

Hacker
Visit site
Just waiting to take ownership of a new RBZ stage 2 9.5* stiff shaft myself , they are nice aint they ? Welcome along , Get over to Ballyliffin for the Irish meet in July & we will have a look for real :thup:

I will try and get over for the meet. I have booked a few more lessons with some new guys to try and get some more stuff sorted. Yea that the driver I got. The fella in american golf suggested a stiff shaft for me as well. appartently my club head speed was around the 121mph mark but the shape of the shot was how i described above. basically started out left then swinging voilently left mid air. I got some clubs of ebay mainly because i seen they were 1 inch longer (im 6ft 5inches). They are great clubs - callaway razr x tour irons.

whoppersk

Hacker
Visit site
played last night and had a couple of really really crap holes. a combination of nerves and my driver. I hit a decent drive about 100 yards for the hole only for the next shot to be topped trying to see where the ball went before it was even hit. got two pars though