Golf sweaters, tops, vest, gilets

TigerBear

Visit site
Just wondering how long everyone keeps their golf tops, attire for?

I've got a silly amount of sweaters, wind tops, vests, jackets etc. bought over the last 2 or 3 years but all are still in great nick. Except maybe my Ping waterproof jacket which needs replacing after 2 seasons :(

Don't need to buy anymore but I still browse the online shops (clubhouse, onlinegolf, AG, etc) and order more clothes I don't really need! Anyone else? lol

Ridgeman

Visit site
Just wondering how long everyone keeps their golf tops, attire for?

I've got a silly amount of sweaters, wind tops, vests, jackets etc. bought over the last 2 or 3 years but all are still in great nick. Except maybe my Ping waterproof jacket which needs replacing after 2 seasons :(

Don't need to buy anymore but I still browse the online shops (clubhouse, onlinegolf, AG, etc) and order more clothes I don't really need! Anyone else? lol
Unfortunately all the time. Had an email this morning from a golf shop with a decent offer on tops. I nearly bit. Then the fact I have about 5 or 6 of them already made me think I don't need a new one. Some of them are still in the bags they arrived in. To say nothing of the 6 pairs of golf shoes in attic still boxed as they were "bargains" at the time of buying.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Oldest things I have like that are a logo'd UA shirt I bought at Sawgrass in Feb 2008... still looks like new! My Galvin Green waterproof jacket must be almost 10 years old too.. I had a major prune of golf shirts this summer and Chepstow Charity Shops did well out of it!!

Some folk on here have dozens of items! Like Poulter's shoe cupboard!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Oldest things I have like that are a logo'd UA shirt I bought at Sawgrass in Feb 2008... still looks like new! My Galvin Green waterproof jacket must be almost 10 years old too.. I had a major prune of golf shirts this summer and Chepstow Charity Shops did well out of it!!

Some folk on here have dozens of items! Like Poulter's shoe cupboard!

Yeah doesn't mean you should still be wearing it though....

fat-man-cannot-wear-his-260nw-714990637.jpg

Re the topic, Yeah I buy too many shirts, I even buy doubles of the ones I really like so that they last longer!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I just continue to wear mine till they can't be worn any more. I have one particular favourite Lyle & Scott windbreaker which is well over 10 years old but I still wear it because it's such a good top. It still doesn't stop me looking at new gear mind you. ;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can never throw out an item of clothing that still looks perfectly fine, even if it's over a decade old. If it has a hole in or a stain that won't come out then it gets chucked, otherwise I see no reason to. I still own t-shirts and shirts that I've had for 15 years.

With golf specifically though, I've only really been acquiring golf-specific clothing for the last three years, so in that time there is only one polo I've retired as it was cheap and started to look tatty after several washes. I think I have 11 polos now that I wear for golf on a kind of rotational basis.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
When they are either worn out or damaged. Or when the long haired general accidentally puts your waterproofs in the tumbler!

TigerBear

Visit site
I've even got a couple of doublers for the tops I really like! Still in the packaging, might get to them in the next decade! Lol:ROFLMAO: