Golf Shoes

martybhoy1888

Medal Winner
Visit site
Just a quick post regarding Adidas Atv tour 360 golf shoes?
Had a pair for just under 11 months. really nice shoes and very comfortable but both shoes have now started to LET IN WATER, Any one out there having the same problem?

Also what would be the best brand to get as im sick of the soggy socks after nearly ever round i play?
[/FONT]

Shakey

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only use pretty cheap leather shoes, but I give them regular doses of polish....and plenty of it, especially wher the sole meets the upper, and other key places.

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
nike lunar prevail, wore them at FoA and feet were bone dry (Fish has a pair and said his leak so not a given as to waterproofness), also got the older style aql's and again no leakage.

Callum

Club Champion
Visit site
I wear footjoy greenjoys when it's seriously wet and footjoy AQLs otherwise

I too am a fan of footjoy (the hint is in the name lol).

I looked at the adidas but as I have had no issues with my footjoy shoes since I bought them 2 years ago I have not bothered changing.

T

thecraw

Send them back Martin, 12 month warranty and get another pair. Simples Port Monkey, simples.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you say send them back, do you me direct to Adidas? I've a pair of ATV's and they are very comfortable, but the padding on the heel inside the shoe has worn away, had them for less than a year. Do you think they would get swapped or is this down to wear and tear?

As for Footjoys, my dad has had two pairs, first pair leaked, but he thought it was because they were old, so he got a new pair and they leaked as well, so he's not a big fan.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In my opinion, and it is not he most substantiated one to say the least, I feel that the overall quality of golf shoes (especially amongst the 'leading' manufacturers) has plummeted over the last few years. When I started playing the shoes I bought lasted years and never leaked but I just do not find that now no matter what you pay for them. I just get the feeling that the manufacturers have gone all out for style, the inclusion of some gimic to increase sales and for shoes that look good and perform in the perfect conditions afforded to the pros that they sponsor. They seem to have forgotten the prime requisite of producing a quality, long lasting shoe that suits the needs of the every day golfer who plays in all sorts of conditions. I also feel that there is a reduction in manufacturing cost/quality to keep prices down and profits up.

The number of posts on here about leaking shoes or shoes that do not last (and these are not limited to one manufacturer) seems to support this view.

I am happy for people to shoot down this opinion but the number of problems from what is a relatively small cross section of the golfing public seems to inidicate that something is not right. Certainly until the quality and durability of the more expensive shoe is proven more regularly, I am going to stick with cheaper ones or ones on sale from last year then anything that I get out of them over a year or 2 of use is a bonus and I do not feel ripped off.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
In my opinion, and it is not he most substantiated one to say the least, I feel that the overall quality of golf shoes (especially amongst the 'leading' manufacturers) has plummeted over the last few years. When I started playing the shoes I bought lasted years and never leaked but I just do not find that now no matter what you pay for them. I just get the feeling that the manufacturers have gone all out for style, the inclusion of some gimic to increase sales and for shoes that look good and perform in the perfect conditions afforded to the pros that they sponsor. They seem to have forgotten the prime requisite of producing a quality, long lasting shoe that suits the needs of the every day golfer who plays in all sorts of conditions. I also feel that there is a reduction in manufacturing cost/quality to keep prices down and profits up.

The number of posts on here about leaking shoes or shoes that do not last (and these are not limited to one manufacturer) seems to support this view.

I am happy for people to shoot down this opinion but the number of problems from what is a relatively small cross section of the golfing public seems to inidicate that something is not right. Certainly until the quality and durability of the more expensive shoe is proven more regularly, I am going to stick with cheaper ones or ones on sale from last year then anything that I get out of them over a year or 2 of use is a bonus and I do not feel ripped off.

yes and no IMO - I still have 20 year old FJ shoes with leather soles, and SJs as well....

the real problem is the use of moulded soles and the way the leather uppers flex at the join. Unless you get a perfect fit for your foot (which is unlikely unless you get them made via the my-joy route as an example) you are going to get flex cracks in the leather where it's bonded to the sole - and unless you use shoe trees, dry the outsides carefully when wet ie not with heat!, and treat the leather constantly, they will crack and leak over time.

The 'no' to your post is that people have shown a marked preference for lighter shoes over recent periods, added to the proliferation of soft spikes and there association with bonded/formed soles, and that's before considering the real price issues associate with leather soled, fully stitched golf shoes; so people are buying to a price and specification that's inconsistent with long term waterproof shoes - and that's before consideration of whether your golf shoes live in the wardrobe, or locker/car boot!!!